PDA

View Full Version : G11: shooting RAW

kyteflyer
13-09-2010, 6:43am
I lashed out and bought a G11 yesterday (knowing the Nikon P7000 is already out and a G series update is likely to be around the corner - price was too good)...

Anyway, I'm struggling with RAW in this camera. I'm used to dealing with it on my Pentax, but its a mystery on the G11. As far as I can see, I have everything set to shoot RAW. "RAW" shows in the LCD screen when I have info switched on etc, but when download to the computer happens, whether using Canon's own software, or iPhoto... I have jpgs...

Can anyone steer me in the right direction? I'm a Canon virgin :)

kyteflyer
15-09-2010, 11:45pm
Well now, 36 looks and not a comment, but never mind, it took a while but I have pretty much got it figured out and damn, its good.

peterking
15-09-2010, 11:53pm
I've got no idea why.
Maybe software related.
Are you using the latest Canon software?

Eberbachl
15-09-2010, 11:54pm
Good timing on the purchase, looks like the G12 is here.

:)

I'd love a Canon G series... bit tough to justify though :D

wmphoto
16-09-2010, 12:01am
Are you using it in Auto mode? My camera will only shoot JPG when it auto, even if RAW is selected. Just a thought, other than that :confused013

soulman
16-09-2010, 1:25pm
Are you using it in Auto mode? My camera will only shoot JPG when it auto, even if RAW is selected. Just a thought, other than that :confused013That's the only thing I can think of too. You need to use P or Av or Tv if you want it to respect your settings. A is really auto.

ace23s
16-09-2010, 2:33pm
I got a G10. wish this can help. Trun on your G11, Press "FUNC.SET" and then click in "RAW" then you can change to other image type: L, M1, M2 and other. Cheers

kyteflyer
17-09-2010, 6:57pm
Thanks, guys, but as you can see from my second post, I got it sorted. And yes, not in auto, only in P. It seems to revert to JPG in Av and Tv too for some reason. Probably another setting I have yet to explore. IN any case, its a very good take anywhere cam and an excellent replacement for the TZ7/P100 (I could never decide which to take. This covers it all, since I decided I don't need the reach)

wmphoto
17-09-2010, 7:21pm
Thanks, guys, but as you can see from my second post, I got it sorted.
Well I can't tell if you're being ungrateful or sarcastic :umm: and your second post probably didn't do much to win people over, yet we still offered advice, and if it is still reverting to JPG in Av and Tv (and you don't know why) then you haven't got it sorted.

ricktas
17-09-2010, 7:39pm
Well now, 36 looks and not a comment, but never mind, it took a while but I have pretty much got it figured out and damn, its good.

I looked, but didn't comment cause I have no idea..after all it is just a canon :lol2:

soulman
17-09-2010, 7:49pm
Thanks, guys, but as you can see from my second post, I got it sorted.Are you able to share the solution, so that others can find it here without having to ask again?

kyteflyer
25-09-2010, 8:59am
OK, I've been slapped. Slap accepted.