PDA

View Full Version : Need Photoshop help

Analog6
10-09-2010, 2:31pm
I'm using CS4, I always do my edits in layers and rub out the bits I don't want with the eraser. Suddenly, it will not let me do that in the Vibrance layer, although I can still do it in the high pass layer. I'm not getting any message, it's just not working. Have I done something that has suddenly made it different?

The computer did an upgrade last night but it was from Apple not Adobe.

Help, any tips most appreciated.

Big Pix
10-09-2010, 5:12pm
are you working on a background layer or layer 0

Double click on the background layer and go OK..... it will rename the layer ...... you should be able to do what you want now....

Lani
10-09-2010, 5:36pm
A more reversible way than using the eraser is to use layer masks and brush tool. I wonder if that would fix the problem?

Analog6
11-09-2010, 4:15pm
Not working in Layer masks either. Just get white and white, no black. Can't paint on the mask. I've obviously pressed some combination of keys by mistake. Is there a reset all option?

Big Pix
11-09-2010, 4:28pm
on the left in the tools are your little squares set to default, just click on the little black and white squares...... and caps lock off on the key board

Analog6
11-09-2010, 4:33pm
How do I check if it default? I clicked that square and circle on the bottom (I have them in a strip on my Mac) and it started giving me red no matter what I do, in my mask it painted red over it - does not do a mask at all. If I use the eraser it paints red over it! Very frustrating