PDA

View Full Version : K-r announced (K-x replacement) + 35mm Lens

Kym
09-09-2010, 2:15pm
http://pentaxdslrs.blogspot.com/2010/09/good-news-pentax-announce-new-dslr-k-r.html

:plogo: ANNOUNCES K-r DIGITAL SLR AND NEW 35MM LENS: LATEST PENTAX OFFERS COLOR CHOICES TOREFLECT OWNER’S PERSONAL STYLE

GOLDEN, CO. September 8, 2010…PENTAX Imaging Systems Division has announced a new digital SLR line with color accents that allow owners to choose one that matches their personal style. The colorful PENTAX K-r DSLR camera offers advanced yet simple to use features at an attractive price.

The compact, lightweight PENTAX K-r is easy to use with Auto Picture, Scene, and Custom Image Processing modes that take the guesswork out of shooting stunning images while still offering a high degree of manual and priority control. The K-r offers a variety of new and improved features including a fast framerate, high ISO sensitivity, responsive autofocus, an improved 12.4 megapixel low-noise sensor and widescreen HD video capture that take it a step above an entry-level DSLR camera.

35mm lens

PENTAX also announced the smc PENTAX DA 35mm f/2.4 AL, standard lens designed exclusively for use with PENTAX digital SLR cameras. This new lens is versatile enough to be used with a wide range of subjects and applications for high-resolution images with edge-to-edge sharpness.

Kym
09-09-2010, 2:16pm
Specs on DP review: http://www.dpreview.com/news/1009/10090910pentaxkr.asp

Kym
09-09-2010, 2:20pm
Pentax USA Site: http://www.pentaximaging.com/slr/K-r_Black/
xaD3E2FtkJo

Available in stylish colors including traditional black, classy white, and PENTAX red.
High quality 12.4 megapixel CMOS sensor captures detailed images with high color accuracy and low noise.
Large 3 inch LCD with 921,000 dots of resolution for responsive Live View and detailed image/video review.
Compact and lightweight body is exceptionally comfortable to use, and highly portable.
Powerful automatic shooting modes, such as Auto Picture mode and various scene modes, take the guesswork out of taking great pictures.
Fast 6 FPS framerate captures quick action in dynamic environments.
Highly responsive and accurate 11 point SAFOX IX autofocus system includes a dedicated AF assist lamp.
High sensitivity 100-25600 ISO range features improved noise performance for high quality image capture even in extremely challenging lighting.
Li-Ion battery compatibility can also be adapted to use AA batteries providing the ultimate flexibility for both field use and travel.
Capture widescreen HD video with sound at 720p and 25 FPS, using any PENTAX lens.
A maximum 1/6000 second shutter speed freezes fast action without subject movement blur.
A viewfinder focus point indicator confirms the area of focus in an image.
Improved in-camera HDR image capture features a Night Scene HDR mode, more blending options, and better pixel registration for easier operation without a tripod.
A wide range of in-camera image processing and special effects filters encourages the photographer’s artistic expression.
Infrared data transfer (IrSimple) includes file transfer and a unique camera-to-camera image comparison mode.
SDXC memory card compatibility (via firmware update).

Kym
09-09-2010, 2:58pm
http://www.pentaximaging.com/camera-lenses/smc_PENTAX_DA_L_35mm_F2.4_AL/

smc PENTAX DA35 mm F2.4 AL FACT SHEET

Versatile, easy-to-use standard lens Mounted on a PENTAX digital SLR camera body, this standard lens offers an angle of view equivalent to a 53.5mm lens in the 35mm format for a natural, comfortable perspective similar to the naked eye for a variety of subjects and applications, including snapshots, landscape and portrait. High-quality image description Incorporating a hybrid aspherical optical element in its optics, this lens delivers high-quality images with enhanced sharpness and contrast, from minimum focusing distance to infinity, and assures exceptional image-resolving power with outstanding brightness levels even at the edges (even at an open aperture) while effectively compensating various aberrations to a minimum. It is treated with the PENTAX-original Ghostless Coating to minimize the adverse effects of flare and ghost images, assuring true-to-life images even under demanding conditions such as harsh backlighting. Large maximum aperture With a maximum aperture of F2.4, this lens offers a bright, clear viewfinder image and allows the photographer to use faster shutter speeds under poor lighting conditions to minimize the risk of camera shake and subject shake. Compact, lightweight design The compact, lightweight design makes it highly maneuverable in various shooting conditions and easy to carry anywhere

Additional features:

High-performance optics designed exclusively for PENTAX digital SLR cameras and optimized for the characteristics of digital images

Minimum focusing distance of 0.3 meters

PENTAX-original SP (Super Protect) Coating applied to the front surface to repel dust, water and grease

Kym
09-09-2010, 3:39pm
Body lens colour simulator... http://www.camera-pentax.jp/k-r/

(I only want black ;) )

yarnella
09-09-2010, 3:50pm
"Custom Image Processing modes that take the guesswork out of shooting stunning images"

Hey, if it can do that it should be a winner. I've been waiting for a camera with that feature!!

I @ M
09-09-2010, 4:41pm
Body lens colour simulator... http://www.camera-pentax.jp/k-r/

(I only want black ;) )

Man oh man, I want one with a pink body, green grip and yellow lens.

Nobody would ever steal it. :eek: :D

kyteflyer
09-09-2010, 8:53pm
Sticking with the K200D and my 35mm Macro Ltd (and other lenses). Sold my K-x just last weekend, just could not get used to the digging around in menus. Love my K200D, and its top LCD.

Kym
09-09-2010, 8:57pm
Sticking with the K200D and my 35mm Macro Ltd (and other lenses). Sold my K-x just last weekend, just could not get used to the digging around in menus. Love my K200D, and its top LCD.

That's why the K-7, K20D and K10D are much better - more controls, less menu.

BLWNHR
10-09-2010, 7:32am
It is interesting to see that much in a compact body. Pentax must be really trying now! Those specs are only slightly behind the K5.

The need to bin the current AF system though.

kyteflyer
10-09-2010, 8:55am
That's why the K-7, K20D and K10D are much better - more controls, less menu.

Yep, waiting for the next beyond K7 (K5?) Although... I do love my K200D. What I have realised through this experience is that I would never have been happy with the entry and mid level Canikon dslrs. Nothing less than a 5D or D700 if I was ever to jump ship (not likely).

Definite preference for Pentax - lighter, and more bang for your buck. :)

Kym
11-09-2010, 9:49am
The 'K-5' is still only rumoured. Photokina ?

The K-r actual specs are different to the previously rumoured specs :Doh:

I @ M
11-09-2010, 9:51am
Psst, Kym. :D

http://photorumors.com/2010/09/10/pentax-k-5-leaked/#more-5850

Kym
11-09-2010, 9:55am
I've seen the rumours ;) They are all very consistent. We will know for sure real soon!