PDA

View Full Version : 450d lcd stuck on menu ??

HotRod
08-09-2010, 10:10am
Hi the 450 lcd will not move of menu has someone had this problem and is it costly to repair , its not mine but as its has twin lens with it ... and yes i know thay may not be telling me the truth about it and could cost a $$ to fix but it has the lenses:umm:

Jules
08-09-2010, 11:36am
Sorry, are you asking on behalf of a friend who owns the camera, or are you asking as a prospective purchaser of the 450D?

If you're asking for a friend, tell them to remove the battery for 15 seconds and then reinsert it to see if that solves the problem. It may also be necessary to remove the backup battery and/or do a reset to factory settings. Failing that - off to Canon for repair I guess.

If you're asking as a prospective purchaser, I'd want to see the problem repaired before I considered purchasing the camera.

mpot
09-09-2010, 6:23pm
Hi the 450 lcd will not move of menu has someone had this problem and is it costly to repair , its not mine but as its has twin lens with it ... and yes i know thay may not be telling me the truth about it and could cost a $$ to fix but it has the lenses:umm:

Is it really stuck on the menu?

Or is it showing the camera settings on the lcd display? If so, this can be toggled on/off with the "INFO" button.