PDA

View Full Version : Stills on TV

Ray Heath
05-09-2010, 10:22pm
G'day all

I burnt a large number of 10Mp images to a DVD then viewed them via a DVD player on an 80cm flat screen TV, the quality is terrible.

Am I doing something wrong?

William
06-09-2010, 9:51am
I've had that problem also, I'm guessing the resolution of the images is to high for the TV screen to handle , Just a guess :confused013

deef
06-09-2010, 10:11am
If you are using Photoshop you can use one of the templates for tv and drop your image into it. I dont know what other programs have as options but would expect that any half decent one would have similar options.

JM Tran
06-09-2010, 10:13am
it depends what sort of TV u are using

I used to run photos saved from facebook at 50kb to 400kb and it shows up quite nicely on a 68cm flat screen, as long as your eyes are not 2 inch away from it

Fantasyphoto
06-09-2010, 10:13am
Ray, can you be more specific about your problem? What exactly do you find terrible?

I produce a lot of audiovisuals and I find the vast majority of TV's have far too much saturation and contrast for comfortable viewing of stills.

Currently I am using a reasonably new 47" HD screen and BluRay player and still have the same problem with stills.

Ray Heath
06-09-2010, 10:49am
Thanks guys, good info.

G'day Fantasyphoto, my problem specifically is that I've supplied images to a client on DVD and I suspect the client is viewing them on a flat screen TV. On both of my computer screens every image is sharp, and has good colour and contrast. All images had minor PP in PS; levels tweak, light sharpening, no cropping.

The client insists that every image is blurry not only on their TV but also on several laptops, Macs and PCs.

I just do not believe this to be true.

Please see attached image, please comment on image quality.

milesy
06-09-2010, 11:06am
well to me that image is a little blury - not only the people who are moving (jumping) but the bride and groom also seem a little soft

William
06-09-2010, 11:07am
:confused013 Looks good to me on my Calibrated Screen(Spyder3) , The last wedding I did , I knew I would have the exact some problem, I also supplied the images on a DVD so they could print them themselves, What I did was get the couple to come over to my place and view the shots on my Computer, they were very happy , Thank Goodness , I've got one to do in 3 weeks again, It's gonna be the same deal again , Don't Ya love shooting Weddings :lol2:

Fantasyphoto
06-09-2010, 11:25am
Ray it looks fine even on my %^$& monitor at work.

Perhaps the client is referring to the blurred hands and feet not being to their liking?

jbee
06-09-2010, 11:47am
I have ploughed through 3 or 4 programs now also trying to burn photos to a DVD for playing on the telly and they all look rubbish, its because the they compress the image I think. I am buying PSE 8 soon in the hope it can accomplish this most basic of tasks.

William
06-09-2010, 11:59am
Must be the hands they are refering to, Gives a sense of movement to me !! :th3:, I love a "Toyota" Jump :)