PDA

View Full Version : Canon 400d Error

Andrew.S
01-09-2010, 8:35pm
Hello everyone,

Something strange has happen to my camera.

Today I had to take some photos for a new building that we are working on. I went through my pre flight checks and found that I had an error.

The Symptoms are:
I turn the Camera on with any lens and a memory card installed and the camera powers up but there is nothing on the LCD, the viewfinder data is showing correct, af is working. The camera will not take a photo

I turn on the camera on with the card removed and the camera works fine. (apart from not recording any images) :)

Troubleshooting done so far:
1. Purchased new memory card
2. Removed Battery grip and installed battery directly into the body
3. Removed system battery and main battery for about one min
4. Changed lens
5. Swore at Camera
6. Mate Nikon Threats to camera
7. Used rocket blower in CF slot
8. Visual inspection of card slot, pins look fine
9. Called Canon

My set-up has not changed from the last time I was using the camera.

Anyone got any ideas (apart from changing to Nikon)

Thanks
Andrew

matilda
01-09-2010, 8:37pm
did you format the memory card?

stupid question i know, but hey it may work.

Andrew.S
01-09-2010, 8:41pm
I do not have a CF card reader and can not access the menu with the card installed.

Thanks for your thoughts though, I will try anything

Ian
01-09-2010, 9:33pm
Andrew, i have the 400d and i have not had that problem cross fingers and toes, how do you down load you pics? the reason i ask is i down load my pics via the camera using the pc cord and then when that is finished i delete the pics using the delete button the camera and then using the menu button on the camera i go to the page with format at the bottom of that page and i format my memory card that way. hope that helps if in doubt read manual. if still in doubt ask again. :food04::) ian(aka pappa smurf:costumed70:)