PDA

View Full Version : Need help down loading new firmware on the Gold Coast

mish13
31-08-2010, 7:29pm
I need help to update firmware on my Sony A700, I don't want to do it wrong and wreck my camera.
I was hoping someone local to me on the Gold Coast may be able to help?

bricat
02-09-2010, 8:19am
I have just updated my canon and found it to be pretty straight forward. Make sure battery is fully charged. After downloading turn on camera and go to update firmware. Did everything by itself. Might be slightly different on a sony but I don"t think you can damage too much if you follow the instructions. Camera should have a default setting you can load if it doesn't work. Perhaps a couple of airline tickets and I'll take the next flight.(Joke Joyce)cheers Brian

tanz
02-09-2010, 9:17am
I also updated my canon a couple of weeks ago, I put it off for about a week because I was scared of wrecking something but on the website there were step by step instructions and it actually was really easy. Are there instructions for you to follow? You could also contact the camera shop where you bought it from and see if they can help you.

BradGC
03-09-2010, 7:37pm
I'm on the Gold Coast and can help you out, I've recently updated the firmware for my Pentax K-X and it turned out fine, You just need to make sure that your camera is fully charged when you start