PDA

View Full Version : Airshow

pearson
30-08-2010, 8:43pm
Has anyone shot any airshow action recently that can give me a hand with getting some ideas of camera settings?

Derek-C
30-08-2010, 9:05pm
Maybe post in F stop or New to photography.

Derek

jbee
31-08-2010, 4:29pm
Hi I went to Duxford to have a go but don't feel i am good enough to give advice other than get there early to get a spot on the fence line ( any spot right on the front of the fence is better than none)
But i was browsing around and found this interesting item on using a 7D at airshows which may help you.

http://www.eos-network.com/index.php/eos-network-photography-blog/tags/EOS-7D/

Cheers - jb

Entrapro
05-10-2010, 12:12pm
If you are taking shots of planes in the air then, use the longest telephoto setting, bump up the ISO a bit but not so much as to make the shots too noisy, open the lens up as much as you can and use aperture priorty. This will make the camera select a fast shutter speed, which is what you need to freeze the motion. Alternatively you can set the camera on Shutter Speed Priority and set it on, say, 500th of a second, or 250th if it isn't too long a lens. Of course, the higher the power of the telephoto, the more critical it becomes to set a higher shutter speed because the movement is magnified as well as the image.

Jimboshep
05-10-2010, 3:51pm
Shot in aperture priorty. If you are photographing Jets a fast shutter speed is great.But if you are taking shots of Propeller Aircraft , i try and keep my shutter around the 1/800th of a sec, as this keeps a blur on the propeller.