PDA

View Full Version : Advice on sharpening images

rwg717
27-08-2010, 12:23am
If you are new to photography or even at the intermediate level and would like to try sharpening your images just that bit more read this thread....

http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=62347&highlight=Neatimage+Mongo

The man is brilliant, the workflow takes a bit of following but if you try this method I can't see how anyone could be dissapointed with the results, I certainly couldn't!!! I don't have Neatimage but I did follow the Photoshop steps outlined and used Canon software in place of Neatimage...I now use it on all shots even if they are on the full image (not re-sized for Web) before I print them, brilliant:jumping11:
Richard

ricktas
27-08-2010, 7:37am
There is also this thread devoted to sharpening as well : http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=8579

reaction
27-08-2010, 6:59pm
i must say, why don't software incorporate these methods instead of just USM?

rwg717
27-08-2010, 8:52pm
If you read Rick's thread on "Why Digital Images Need Sharpening" you will see why, I can't remember straight off but there is a good reason for it:)
Richard

ricktas
27-08-2010, 9:15pm
i must say, why don't software incorporate these methods instead of just USM?

They do, you just have to learn how to find and use the features.

ameerat42
27-08-2010, 9:48pm
Thanks again guys 4 this. I have read part of it before and I think I thanked the contributors. Now it is well and truly subscribed to. (Hmm! A think thank!)
Um!

Milbs1
27-08-2010, 11:20pm
In Rick's thread he posts a link to a High Pass Sharpening action and seriously, this revolutionised my photos (OK, I'm a beginer so was a low base, but I was amazed at the difference)... :)

rwg717
29-08-2010, 10:55pm
In Rick's thread he posts a link to a High Pass Sharpening action and seriously, this revolutionised my photos (OK, I'm a beginer so was a low base, but I was amazed at the difference)... :)

Yes, great stuff and when you start the process, the image can look really ordinary on the monitor but the results are something else when you print them:D
Richard