PDA

View Full Version : D90 - 2 weeks old - gone to the grave

Wingnut
24-08-2010, 2:02pm
Hi all,

Anyone had a similar issue with their Nikon? The SD Card's green access light was blinking away while the camera was off. Turned it on and all ok. Turned it off and blinking again. Tried everything no good. Went through 1/2 a battery in a few hours.
Swapped out the SD card and same problem.

Took it back to store and they did a swap, no questions asked.

Anyone had similar probs or know what prob could have been.

I am a bit peeved that a problem developed so quickly.

Lani
24-08-2010, 2:04pm
Hi all,

It's definitely unfortunate, but I would prefer it happened early , much easier to get warranty stuff organised early on. I hope the new one works out fine. :)

ving
24-08-2010, 2:15pm
glad it happened while still under warranty :)

Wingnut
24-08-2010, 2:19pm
Yeah me too, don't want to have to worry about it when in China. Might take my warranty card with it.

just doing some trolling on the net - it even has an acronym - BGLoD - blinking green light of death - :lol:

Raven
25-08-2010, 11:14am
just doing some trolling on the net - it even has an acronym - BGLoD - blinking green light of death - :lol:

That's funny but scary at the same time!

reaction
25-08-2010, 2:12pm
were all your SDs the same brand?
or maybe the cam was dropped b4 during shipping

campo
25-08-2010, 2:38pm

most failures usually happen early in a product's life or towards the end of it's life (when it's out of warranty), so whilst unfortunate, probably a good thing for you.

On the whole Nikon has treated me very well over the years with (touch wood) no failures. Pulled out my old D80/18-135mm combo on the weekend and it worked flawlessly. I got the D80 when it was first released back in 2006, so that's 4 years worth without a hiccup...

Wingnut
25-08-2010, 5:41pm
They tried a number of cards different brands and different capacity at the store and they all had the same problem.

I am happy that they swapped it straight out.