PDA

View Full Version : ViewNX 2 Now Available

zollo
17-08-2010, 8:41pm
For those who use ViewNx to transfer/view NEF images, ViewNX 2 is now available for download at the Nikon Global Site.

http://nikonimglib.com/nvnx/

And Info on it is here.

http://www.nikon.com/about/news/2010/0817_viewnx2_03.htm

arthurking83
18-08-2010, 12:15am
Yeah, I just had a quick play with it, and it is late, I've been up since 4AM, got bogged down with sorting out PC issues/time wasting... and then found VNX2 as a download.

Looks OK. finally has a crop tool! :Doh: ... still no noise reduction facility, but it's slowly getting there.

Still basic as all hell, compared to other freebie software, but I think it's looking like a worthwhile update.

It's totally independent of VNX and Nikon Transfer version 1's.. so you may have to uninstall the older versions too.
No warning to do so, and I ran them concurrently.
I uninstalled VNX and Nikon Transfer 1's after installing the new version tho .. and there are no issues.

pity they're still 32bit only! :umm:
maybe the name of the file is a pointer of things to come tho?? ... it's called ViewNX2-32bit.
Hopefully there's a soon to be released ViewNX2-64bit out there some day soon.. along with the more urgently needed CaptureNX(x)-64bit too! :D

maccaroneski
22-08-2010, 7:20pm
If you've chosen to stick with Nikon software because you don't like the interface of the Adobe products, I think you might be disappointed in NX3 if it ever comes around.

Gee is looks and feels a lot like Lightroom.

arthurking83
22-08-2010, 9:37pm
LOL!

I did notice a few LR-ish points about VNX2.

but then again, LR looks very much like Bibble4...

I don't like the cluttered interface, where I prefer the more gentle approach as in CNX2.
Chances are that CNX3 will probably look similar too.

The dark grey background in VNX2 can be altered too(I use grey, instead of dark grey) ... to help it look less like LR.

OK.. so they give you a straighten tool, as well as the crop tool(yay!! finally :p).
But the straighten tool.... in having a very quick play to see what it does, barely does anything! :confused:
I allows a straighten of (what looks like) plus or minus 10° or so(their values) with minimal adjustment.
There's no grid either, to better judge how straight (a horizon??) the image is going to actually be.