PDA

View Full Version : Beware of Sunshine Coast Competition

Longshots
11-08-2010, 8:42am
Sunshine Coast Council has just launched a fairly appalling competition - with no specific prizes other than shopping vouchers (no specified value) in an effort to illustrate their "Zooming into 2030 plan"

I've just written a letter to the Mayor raising objections to the "competition"

I would raise a huge red flag for this one and urge any entrant to carefully read the terms and conditions prior to entering.

http://www.sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au/sitePage.cfm?code=zooming-2030

PhotoWatchDog.com.au

davearnold
11-08-2010, 10:28am
Thanks for the info.

I had a look at the competition.

I see they now have the prizes up.

There are three categories:

13 years and under – five $100 shopping vouchers
14 years to 21 years – three $250 shopping vouchers
age open – three $250 shopping vouchers
mayoral prize – $1000 shopping voucher

I personally think the prizes are low in value for the possible (commercial) promotional work they may be used for.

Cheers

Longshots
11-08-2010, 10:49am
Yes, following my email and phone call, they have updated the site and now have the prize values listed.

I'm currently negotiating with them regarding the current terms and conditions and as their response has been quite positive, I hope to be able to announce an improved set of T & C later.

davearnold
11-08-2010, 11:13am
Excellent to see they have responded positively, and I appreciate your efforts towards improving this competition..... will keep watching it to see developments.

Cheers Dave

ving
11-08-2010, 11:31am
being of local govt stock myself i can say the LG comps are never going to have huge prizes. good on you for getting on to the william :)