PDA

View Full Version : Used lighting gear in Brisbane?

DacsMax
04-08-2010, 6:22am
Hi.

Does anyone have suggestions for where to find used studio or portable lighting gear in Brisbane? Things like light stands, studio lights, umbrellas, etc.

I'm not looking for a specific item right now, but over time would like to pick up various bits and pieces at hobby prices when they become available.

Gumtree never seems to have sales of items like that, there's not that much that comes up on eBay, and the trading section on this forum is actively discouraged - I can't even see what's for sale because I haven't made enough posts. Anybody had luck at Cash Converters or somewhere else?

Surely there must be studios that close down, photographers who have heart attacks ;), etc?

kiwi
04-08-2010, 6:24am
Try kayell in yerongpilly, they often have stuff.... Or eBay

Paul G
04-08-2010, 3:13pm
and the trading section on this forum is actively discouraged

No it isn't.... You just need to participate, build up your posts and remain active on the site and you won't have any worries. It is more to discourage spam and dishonest sellers than anything.

As for the gear you could try contacting studios, photgraphers directly and ask if they are selling/upgrading equipment. There is also a small booklet available at newsagents iirc called 'The Photographic Trader' that usually has anything and everything photographic.

DacsMax
05-08-2010, 2:53pm
Thanks for the suggestions - I didn't know about kayell or 'The Photographic Trader'.

ricktas
05-08-2010, 3:23pm
You have been a member of AP for a month and a half, plenty of time to get the 50 posts needed to gain access to the site classifieds.

Sorry you feel the need to whinge about something that is entirely within your own control to rectify. I don't provide AP for free just so you can trade gear. Do I sound annoyed...GOOD!