PDA

View Full Version : Snowy River Trip

geoffsta
02-08-2010, 7:43pm
Done a trip up to McKillops Bridge on the Snowy River yesterday. Started in Orbost then up through Bonang, back through to Gelentipy and home.
Just done a quick trip to check out whether it is worth a full weekend, or long day trip. Just took the one lens 55 - 200mm VR and was kicking myself I didn't take a bit of extra gear. I really could have done with the tripod :devil1:
Its a place for all styles of photography. Landscapes, water, wildlife, transport, architecture and natural light portraiture.
Here is a small amount of what is up there.

tanz
02-08-2010, 8:07pm
It looks and sounds like it is definitely worth a full weekend!!

geedee
02-08-2010, 8:13pm
Sounds like it would be a good place to visit

Boo53
02-08-2010, 8:30pm
Geoff

If you've got access to a 4 wheel drive, you could easily spend a week or more in the area. Very interesting and different terrain both north & south of Tubbut.

I'm not sure if they still do it but the Tubbut school used to have a fair on Easter Sunday, bar-b-que broom tossing, kids races, etc; as a fund raiser

John R

OzzieTraveller
03-08-2010, 8:25am
G'day Geoff

Wonderful - both your pix and the memories
I have had a love affair with the Buchan / Willis / Snowy River since the mid 60s (tho it's changed dramatically since then)

Regards, phil

geoffsta
03-08-2010, 3:25pm
Thanks all for the comments.
I'm trying to see what accomodation is up there. I know there is Delegate River Tavern, and I have a friend who has a faily big shearers quarters with its own kitchen in Tubbut.

The first photo is a steam engine that use to run a sawmill in Goongrah. The second was leaning against a shed in Tubbut, and the third is at the Little River falls on the Buchan side of McKillops Bridge.

I had only one mishap. Hit a Kangaroo 40km's from home, and it buggered the radiator, the grill and bumperbar. I was a bit wild about that, but thats what happens when you're devoted to photography :lol: