PDA

View Full Version : Photographic Body Awareness

kiwi
30-07-2010, 11:05am
Just interested as photographers, whether you are aware of (know who they are and roughly what they do) of the following Australian Industry bodies

SRR33
30-07-2010, 11:11am
Heard of them, but dont really know what they do. Have not researched into at all. Will do it when i think I need to be a member.

kiwi
30-07-2010, 11:22am
If you don't know what they do, maybe you'd benefit from membership and don't know it ?

SRR33
30-07-2010, 12:03pm
Im sure you will benefit from being a member, not doubting that at all.

I have only just started my side business, and slowly getting busier and busier and who knows might do photography full time one day. Got atleast 10 weddings booked already for this year and 5 for next year. So perhaps end of the year I might start looking into it.
Will join AIPP soon tho. Actually been thinking about it for a while.

kiwi
30-07-2010, 12:07pm
Im an AIPP Enthusiast Member fyi

MarkChap
30-07-2010, 12:59pm
Im an AIPP Enthusiast Member fyi

Yep :th3:

Rattus79
30-07-2010, 1:10pm
Although I'm aware of them, it doesn't mean I know what they do.

ving
30-07-2010, 2:58pm
I have heard of them but have no idea what they do

TOM
30-07-2010, 6:17pm
NPS for me, cause it saves me money, and gives some piece of mind.

farmer_rob
30-07-2010, 6:33pm
I was aware of APS and AIPP until a couple of days ago, when someone mentioned AAPP - so learned of another one (but didn't include it in my poll response). I've looked at their websites, and have a vague idea what they do. No intention of joining any of them - I cannot see any value to me as a hobbyist. There may be some marketing value as a wedding or commercial photographer... but I'm not convinced.

I have worked for years in IT without ever being a member of any industry body. I am a member of a farming body, that provides direct business benefit to our farm - which is the main reason we are a member.

To those who are members of these photographic industry bodies - why would it benefit a photographer to join you?

ving
30-07-2010, 8:02pm
I have a photographic body! ;)

PHOTOGENIC! I MEAN PHOTOGENIC!!!
:p

peterking
31-07-2010, 9:35pm
I have a photographic body! ;)

PHOTOGENIC! I MEAN PHOTOGENIC!!!
:p

I'M NOT GOING NEAR THAT ONE!!!!!!!!:lol:

kiwi
01-08-2010, 1:03pm
Not within 4 inches anyhow :)

Redgum
01-08-2010, 4:34pm
I voted for APS (not sure what we're voting on?) because I subscribe to Australian Photography magazine and get membership almost for nothing. Only problem is they're having their general elections at the moment which are more political than the Labor or Liberal parties. :eek:

Longshots
01-08-2010, 5:21pm
Just interested as photographers, whether you are aware of (know who they are and roughly what they do) of the following Australian Industry bodies

I voted for APS (not sure what we're voting on?) because I subscribe to Australian Photography magazine and get membership almost for nothing. Only problem is they're having their general elections at the moment which are more political than the Labor or Liberal parties. :eek:

I thought Kiwi posed this as a question as to what members are aware of not necessarily what you support ;)