PDA

View Full Version : Fake Flooring

Sandi
21-07-2010, 1:17pm
Is there anywhere in Australia to buy fake flooring?
I can find loads in the USA but not anything here.

Please also give your ideas & tips on what you do for fake flooring or flooring for your portraits.

Thanks

junqbox
21-07-2010, 1:26pm
You could go to just about any flooring retailer, even Bunnings has lino, carpet, etc.

mongo
21-07-2010, 2:19pm
You could go to just about any flooring retailer, even Bunnings has lino, carpet, etc.

True - if it is just for a shoot, you can buy lino that looks like floor boards and you could not tell the difference "on film" as it were.

Or even a bunch of floating floor boards also from any flooring shop etc.

Boo53
21-07-2010, 2:24pm
It depends on how realistic you want.

Taken 1 step further you could get the flooring you want from a hardware store & fix it to some T&G particle board.

Several 1800x900 sheets together would achieve a fairly solid looking floor

John R

Jules
21-07-2010, 2:25pm
As well as the other retailers already mentioned, Ikea have packs of floor boards that simply slot together.

ricktas
21-07-2010, 3:55pm
Hi Sandi. Don't want to sound rude..but.. How about joining in and giving some critique and/or feedback to others. So far all we have had is you asking for information from members. Ausphotography is a forum where we like members to interact, rather than just be here to glean information, without giving anything back.

Sandi
21-07-2010, 6:36pm
Hi Sandi. Don't want to sound rude..but.. How about joining in and giving some critique and/or feedback to others. So far all we have had is you asking for information from members. Ausphotography is a forum where we like members to interact, rather than just be here to glean information, without giving anything back.

I apologise & certainly didn't mean to be rude. My time is so limited & I usually end up posting from work where I'm literally sneaking in for a minute here or there.

Please accept my apologies!

ricktas
21-07-2010, 7:07pm
I apologise & certainly didn't mean to be rude. My time is so limited & I usually end up posting from work where I'm literally sneaking in for a minute here or there.

Please accept my apologies!

It's all good, no need to apologise. I just wanted to make you aware, cause members soon notice too and then stop posting on threads of those that don't both give and receive.

GriMo
24-07-2010, 12:37am
Just a thought but alot of flooring places have those display stands with half a square meter or so of "floor" on a board. Depending on how much you need it might be worthwhile asking if they have any old ones you could have a look through. Probably wouldnt take to much convincing to take it off their hands, its already stained and it would already be on a board so would make setting up/changing composure easier.