PDA

View Full Version : Colour : Changing eye colour

ricktas
15-07-2010, 12:35pm
Let's start to delve a little deeper into photoshop here everyone. In this video you will learn how to change the eye colour of a person. I thought this might be a good tutorial for those learning photoshop, cause it is one of the edits that is reasonably easy to learn, but has impact. Just remember if you are going to put this into practice, less is more. Over-doing eye colour can look very fake. Having said that, experiment, its FUN!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aw_AALBrdEw

Damien23
22-07-2010, 8:26am
Great Tutorial Rick... Easy to do, and very easy to get carried away with.... :)

Damien23
22-07-2010, 8:31am
Do you do the same sort of process if you have a monochrome photo and you want to ad like only their top in colour?

yummymummy
22-07-2010, 8:33am
no Daniel, the best way I have found to do that, is to make a layer, make that layer B&W, then use the eraser to "rub out" the b&w on the parts you want to be colour, then merge the layers... I hope that helps!

ricktas
22-07-2010, 8:37am
Damien, the selective colour video will be coming soon. I didn't want to bombard this forum with heaps of videos all at once. I wanted it to be slow, so members could learn a few things, then take on more as the next series of videos come along. I wanted to start with fairly basic editing techniques.

Damien23
22-07-2010, 8:52am
No worries, thanks

fr33lanc3r
26-07-2010, 12:03pm
Great Tut thanks very much

Raptor Reptiles
05-08-2010, 5:26pm
top stuff!!! I reckon that is a great tool.

TommyG
11-09-2010, 4:00pm
That is an amazing tute Rick. Thanks for posting. I have just purchased photoshop and want to start working on my pics now that I am taking it up as a hoppy and that will be great. Will it help with red-eye???

Colinc1
11-09-2010, 8:15pm
Being hearing impaired,i cannot understand these instructional videos,so have to make use of step by step written/photo instructions.

So its still text books for me,actually i think text is much better to follow, instead of having to rewind the vid all the time.

Cheers

Colin

ricktas
11-09-2010, 9:56pm
Being hearing impaired,i cannot understand these instructional videos,so have to make use of step by step written/photo instructions.

So its still text books for me,actually i think text is much better to follow, instead of having to rewind the vid all the time.

Cheers

Colin

Thanks Colin for the feedback. Everyone learns best using different methods, knowing your best method is half the job. As you state, for some, books and text are better, for others watching video works, and some learn best in a classroom, or tutelage type environment. We each need to use what we can, and hopefully these videos will be of benefit to some members.

bindiblue
17-09-2010, 8:35am
Great tutorial, thanks for taking the time to post this, I can see me using this often,