15-07-2010, 1:03pm
How to save your photo as a JPG.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk1fVPDQH24

ricktas
15-07-2010, 1:04pm
Saving your file as a JPG, using the "Save for Web" menu option

Ut_F7iGlze8

21-09-2010, 5:30pm
Wishing to convert a bunch of 18 ProPhoto .psd files to sRGB, reduce the bit rate from 16 to 8, and save them as jpegs on an SD card for later viewing on an HD TV, I resorted to Photoshop CS3's Image Processor.

When I later checked, the SD card had, ( APPARENTLY ), 18 correctly named jpegs on it.

However on the TV each jpeg file had a, ( properly named, but UNUSABLE ), duplicate beside it — i.e. 36 files!

Apart from wasting 50% of the card space, this rather spoils a slide show, with one having to use the remote to move past every one of the dud duplicates.

I have tried closing everything down and re-starting the computer. I've tried it with the "Include ICC Profile" box in the Image Processor dialogue box both checked & unchecked...just in case .....but nothing stops this from happening.

Can you tell me what to do please?

Regards: Image

ricktas
21-09-2010, 5:34pm
Wishing to convert a bunch of 18 ProPhoto .psd files to sRGB, reduce the bit rate from 16 to 8, and save them as jpegs on an SD card for later viewing on an HD TV, I resorted to Photoshop CS3's Image Processor.

When I later checked, the SD card had, ( APPARENTLY ), 18 correctly named jpegs on it.

However on the TV each jpeg file had a, ( properly named, but UNUSABLE ), duplicate beside it — i.e. 36 files!

Apart from wasting 50% of the card space, this rather spoils a slide show, with one having to use the remote to move past every one of the dud duplicates.

I have tried closing everything down and re-starting the computer. I've tried it with the "Include ICC Profile" box in the Image Processor dialogue box both checked & unchecked...just in case .....but nothing stops this from happening.

Without knowing what what each step of your process is etc, we have no way of helping.

I copy my files to my hard-drive and use Photoshop to to bulk conversions using the File > Automate > Batch command, then if I wanted them on an SD card, would format said card and copy the new files onto it

Fantasyphoto
21-09-2010, 5:57pm

I suspect you still have the original .psd files on the card which cannot be played back via the TV.

If you have safely backed up your card then delete any .psd files and all that should be left will be the .jpg files which can then be played back in sequence.

rene52
07-02-2011, 10:16am
Agree I think you have left the orginal files on the SD card and the YV or slide show does not know what teh files are. You should be able to look at the card either through a card reader or even your Camera (when attached to your PC and see the 'disk' drive associated to the camera. This you can then naviigate through and see exact what you have on the card.