PDA

View Full Version : 7D double shutter actuation

B D H
13-07-2010, 6:26pm
I'm starting to notice, that at random my 7D is taking 2 exposures when I shoot.
the AF settings are on one shot & the drive mode is on single shooting as well

any ideas ?

Scotty72
13-07-2010, 6:29pm
a twitchy shutter button?

MarkChap
13-07-2010, 6:36pm
Yeah twitchy finger

Art Vandelay
13-07-2010, 6:39pm
Is it set on raw + jpeg and therefore recording a seperate image in both formats ?

Dwarak
13-07-2010, 6:45pm
Is it set on raw + jpeg and therefore recording a seperate image in both formats ?

I would totally agree with the above comments I own a 7D as well. That is prob the most reasonable explanation.

I @ M
13-07-2010, 6:53pm

I would totally agree with the above comments I own a 7D as well. That is prob the most reasonable explanation.

There would be something very wrong happening if the camera was taking 2 exposures to get a RAW + JPEG image recorded. The saved RAW and JPEG files only happen from ONE shutter actuation.

How do I know this? We have 2 Nikon bodies that spasmodically take 2 images from one shutter actuation and they definitely aren't in RAW + JPEG

Art Vandelay
13-07-2010, 7:02pm
There would be something very wrong happening if the camera was taking 2 exposures to get a RAW + JPEG image recorded. The saved RAW and JPEG files only happen from ONE shutter actuation.

How do I know this? We have 2 Nikon bodies that spasmodically take 2 images from one shutter actuation and they definitely aren't in RAW + JPEG

I agree if in raw + jpeg both images are from one actuation. I offered it as an explanation as to why there maybe 2 images showing up.

If it is in fact 2 seperate exposures, and not 2 of the same images in seperate formats, then yes something is amiss.

perhaps my wording could have been clearer and also the op might confirm if it's 2 different exposures, or 2 copies of the same.

B D H
13-07-2010, 7:04pm
a twitchy shutter button?

Yeah twitchy finger

sorry guys, parkinsons hasn't kicked in yet

I've just tried this, both Jpeg & RAW are taken from the same shutter actuation

Scotty72
13-07-2010, 7:42pm
sorry guys, parkinsons hasn't kicked in yet

I didn't mean your finger, I meant the button itself may be dodgy.

Scotty

etherial
13-07-2010, 7:52pm
Very strange. Only thing I can think of is the button itself is dodgy. Any chance some moisture or dust has got into it?

marcusb
22-08-2010, 11:10am
high speed continuous shooting on?