PDA

View Full Version : Skyports vs Cybersyncs

almost a crayon
10-07-2010, 11:04pm
I was just wondering if anybody has used them and can give me an insight into which one would likely be a more better choice. With the skyports is the internal rechargable battery a problem? Any info/opinions would be gladly appreciated. :D

bigdazzler
11-07-2010, 10:23am
I dont use either, but theyre both very good from all accounts.

How do you plan on using them ?? Monoblocs ?? Speedlights ?? Cause if you simply want a radio trigger to fire manual flashes, there are great products out there that are much cheaper.

almost a crayon
11-07-2010, 7:19pm
yea i was going to fire speedlights but later down the track move to a proper studio set up and was looking for something that will be with me throughout the whole time.

bigdazzler
11-07-2010, 7:56pm
OK well I use Cactus V4s for both small flashes and studio heads and they have never let me down. There are other options from Yongnuo too that are even cheaper.

If youre looking to buy Elinchrom lights down the track, I wouldnt bother buying the Skyports now as a few of their kits come with a transmitter and receivers built into the heads, like the new D-Lite iT kits and the BXRs as well.

almost a crayon
11-07-2010, 8:44pm
okayes then. ill just save up for a dlite kit instead and get something cheaper now then. thanks for the info =) really appreciate it!

RamblinR
13-07-2010, 7:18pm
I have the Yongnou RF-602s and whilst I haven't used them a lot I have found them very reliable. Also, if you decide to go with these make sure you get a set that match your camera and you can them as a camera remote (a cheap tool that serves two purposes). If you get two transmitters and a few receivers you can put one set on a different channel, hold the remote in you hand, put a remote on the camera (different channel remember) and fire you camera and flashes remotely. Could come in handy.

oldfart
13-07-2010, 7:45pm
I went from Cactus Triggers to Skyports and am very happy.
The batteries last well past the length of any shoot I've ever done
and the sender battery has so far lasted 6 months with no sign of letting up.

Distance and False triggers are now a thing of the past :)