PDA

View Full Version : Lowepro Mini Trekker AW

TAYLORW619
10-07-2010, 12:16pm
Hi all,

I am considering buying the Lowepro Mini Trekker AW. I must act soon as I can get it for a bargain price. I have researched it a fair bit and understand that it is perfect for carryon when flying. The only downside is currently that it cannot hold my MacBook. And the bags that do hold laptops may not get through security for carryon. My plan is to use the Mini Trekker AW and then carry my laptop in the bag I already have for it, and the laptop can be my second item.

Can anyone please give me their opinion? Does anyone own this bag that could help me?

My friend is selling one for $80 and it is in perfect condition, but I need to act fast.

All help would be really appreciated,
Taylor

Jules
10-07-2010, 7:08pm
I have the Mini Trekker and you can fit quite a bit of gear in it. It's fine as carry-on luggage for the larger planes (737, 747, 767 etc) and the only trouble I had was lifting it above my head (I crammed waaay too much stuff in it). You need to be aware that, fully loaded, it might be difficult to fit into the overhead lockers on smaller planes (Dash-8s for example). I had trouble on a flight to Weipa and had to remove some magazines and my camera raincover from the front pocket in order to squeeze the bag into the locker. It was a tight fit.

If you don't think you'll be on any small planes though, you'll be fine with this bag.

TAYLORW619
11-07-2010, 1:23am
Thanks for your reply Jules.

Have you had any experiences with attaching a tripod? I have the 055XPROB and 498RC2 head, just wondering if this would be fine to attach.

Taylor

lovecolt
11-07-2010, 4:46pm
yes you can put a laptop onto mini trekker. Put my Sony Vaio along with my gears on my last trip to Japan and Asia.

Obviously it works because my Sony Vaio ain't big. I put it between the pads and the bag cover (if you understand what i mean) and its very safe.