PDA

View Full Version : Cheap cameras on Adpost ??

mickyj
04-07-2010, 10:37pm
Has anyone ever purchased through Adpost ?
I found a Canon EOS 1Ds Mark III for $1500 and the Ad insists it is new.

If something looks dodgy, it is probabely is but I wanted to see if anyone here had ever bought from them before I totally write them off. It does seem to good to be true.

http://www.adpost.com/au/

:confused013

I @ M
05-07-2010, 5:31am
Micky,
are you serious about actually even considering that ad might be genuine?

The same person who has their address listed in Melbourne, South Australia seems to have quite a few new cameras listed, some are 1500 dollars and other are 1500 Euros

I think you might as well walk out into the street and start throwing 100 dollar notes to the wind rather than having any hope of receiving any goods from that seller.

milspec
05-07-2010, 6:44am
Maybe you should ring Consumer Affairs to see if they are involved in dodgy dealings. At worst you will be dobbing them in and protecting others :p

mickyj
05-07-2010, 11:26am
Nah, I was not considering them. I just found it curious and wanted to know if anyone else had heard of them. I did quite a bit of googling and found nothing about them. I also found it interesting one of the contacts was a Male with the name Anna. Very odd. I searched these forums and found nothing so at the very least, if I pose the question and a thread starts .. It might help others to steer clear :)

Yournotdoingitright
05-07-2010, 11:47am
HA HA gets better Look :eek:
3 x Canon EOS 1D Mark IV 16.1 Megapixel $1500
http://www.myadpost.com/biwa/au/cameras_optics/4096/?session_key=
seriously are people stupid enough to think this is legit :confused013
Present company excluded of course

Kym
05-07-2010, 12:31pm
I'd ask for the camera serial # - then call Canon and see if its reported stolen ;)

Speedway
05-07-2010, 12:54pm
Looks like they've moved from gumtree to adpost with their ridiculous deals

mickyj
06-07-2010, 9:13pm
Hey, I thought I saw the same stuff on Gumtree. Hmm, at least they are not on eBay !

NGP
07-07-2010, 3:35am
tell them you live just down the street and if you can drop by to pick up and pay cash.. just watch all the hilarious excuses they can come up with for you not to drop by in person ;)

andylo
07-07-2010, 12:54pm
try to contact them :) They will say they are in UK (or somewhere), had a divorce or what not, the camera is belong the to ex and want to get rid of it asap!

they will suggest TNT is the best and the fairest payment method and they will details, I mean DETAILS every single steps on how the "process" works, just like any scamers!

If you have a spare min, reply to their ad and see what they got under their sleeve :)

Watchamacallit
07-07-2010, 3:49pm
Am I allowed to say "Employ Scambaiting"?
Just like what everyone is saying, you can actually play along with it and see how far you can go without actually committing. You are thereby wasting the scammer's time which in turn diminishes the time they could be attempting to scam someone else.

Most people just do it for the amusement at times.