PDA

View Full Version : My Dog can Fly

mikew09
04-07-2010, 6:50pm
Today I had a few minutes between horse training and property maintenace I thought I might take a shot at getting the dogs in flight - what a disarster - but fun. Panda would not run straight to me and here I was laying on the dry lawn, camera at hand calling Panda, Panda and she starts off good then diverts to side, runs around behing me and jumps on my back to play, trying to lick my ears and all. I try again and again but same silly game each time.

Anyway, I got a couple of shots, had to crop pretty hard so not anywhere near sharp enough but still was some fun.

Not as easy as I thought it would be - what do they say, never work with dogs or small children :-)

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4077/4759990930_da7bbc1ee6_z.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4075/4759991532_0c479838da_z.jpg

Debra Faulkner
04-07-2010, 7:15pm
Lol, Mike. Number two's a cracker! Panda sounds like real fun and you have a great record of her little character.

mikew09
04-07-2010, 7:24pm
Lol, Mike. Number two's a cracker! Panda sounds like real fun and you have a great record of her little character.

Thanks for the comments Debra, she is a little character alright. I can't move without her being next to me. We have a bit of a friendship going me and Panda.

stevemack
04-07-2010, 7:39pm
Definatley #2 mike well caught in the action and sharp too :th3:

steve.

mikew09
04-07-2010, 8:22pm
Definatley #2 mike well caught in the action and sharp too :th3:

steve.

Thanks Steve, both shot with my Tamron 17-50 2.8 and the shot was pretty heavily cropped. I really do like this lens. I should have really used my 70-200 L, I will next time but my thinking was my dog would be on me so fast the focal lenght might be too long - she can move like greased lighting. As it turns she kept taking a b line anyhow :-).

The 400D was at its limit, slow shutter speed and filled buffer after about 6 or 7 frames. Will give it another crack with the 70-200 next.

Was a bit of fun though - well my dog loved it :-).

Tikira
04-07-2010, 8:37pm
I agree number two for me too.
I totally understand the difficulty of getting dogs to do what you want when you want them to. I am sure they deliberately do the opposite to what you want, but I would not be without mine, and am sure you feel the same way.
PS- love the name- we have a panda (Pandamonium) too- but she is a cow.

Di

mikew09
04-07-2010, 8:42pm
I agree number two for me too.
I totally understand the difficulty of getting dogs to do what you want when you want them to. I am sure they deliberately do the opposite to what you want, but I would not be without mine, and am sure you feel the same way.
PS- love the name- we have a panda (Pandamonium) too- but she is a cow.

Di

My daughter named her because as a pup she looked just like a baby Panda - your right, couldn't be without her.