PDA

View Full Version : Lightroom Frustration !!!!

Atlas
03-07-2010, 2:17pm
Hi All,

I really love Light room except for 1 annoyance and it is driving me nuts !!!

In the develop module sometimes there is some photo info on the top bar, which I find very useful as I use 2 cameras usually and to set the white balance I select the photos by individual model...

What is really frustrating is sometimes it is there, sometimes not, I do nto knowingly change any setting for it to be there.. Any ideas ??

etherial
03-07-2010, 4:26pm
I'm guessing you mean the white text you see on the top left of the window covering part of the image?

If so, in the view menu there is a option called Loupe Info where you can turn on one of two types of info. Also just under that is a "view options" item which will bring up a window where you can specify what you want to display in each loupe info view.

To cycle the display the shortcut hey is letter "I".

Hope that helps.

Atlas
03-07-2010, 4:50pm
Hi,

Thanks for that, but that is not it... You get to choose meta data, text, and a couple of other things.. then you can choose it by camera, lens type etc.. Musty screen print it next time it comes up ! :)

etherial
03-07-2010, 4:59pm
Ahh yes, you mean the filter! Where you can make selections and filter your list...hang on two ticks...

etherial
03-07-2010, 5:07pm
In the library module you can turn it on and off by clicking on the menu item "Library - Enable Filters" or shortcut "Ctrl L". To view or hide the filter bar, in the View Menu click "show filter bar" or the shortcut is backslash "\".

I don't think I've ever seen this bar in the Develop module though? Down on the filmstrip (in both the develop and library modules) is the same thing with a toggle for on/off and a way of selecting from presets you can save.

Is that what you were after?

Atlas
04-07-2010, 7:56pm
Hey mate,

I think you are right, it's only in the library module :

http://www.justnicephotography.com/lr.jpg
* edited your photo to a link only, breaches site rules on photo/image sizes as it is 1936 pixels wide : admin *

I know how I might be inadvetantly turing it on and off now... Using the L key for lights out... :confused013

Anyway, thanks for your help :D

etherial
04-07-2010, 8:07pm
No probs ;)