PDA

View Full Version : D90 lower case 0's in shutter speed

grahamwb
30-06-2010, 3:36pm
Hi All,

I've just bought a D90 last week and have been spending nights reading through the user guide and playing with the camera. There's a lot to take in, but I'm getting there slowly.

Last night, I noticed that the 0's in the shutter speed indicator on the top LCD and rear screen are shown in lowercase. So 1/2000 sec is shown as "2ooo". I can't say whether this was always the case. Is there a reason for this (i.e. some setting I've changed) or is this normal? If it's normal, any reason why they do this?

Thanks
Graham

mcdesign
30-06-2010, 3:46pm
Hi Graham, this is perfectly normal, it is probably to save space on the LCD, if you had all large no's it would just about fill your screen!

OzzieTraveller
30-06-2010, 6:24pm
G'day Graham

Margaret is right - it's common over many cameras tho not all

Regards, Phil

reaction
01-07-2010, 10:43pm
it's easier to read.

grahamwb
02-07-2010, 1:54pm
Thanks all for your replies. It's good to know that it's normal. But I'm not so sure I agree that it's easier to read (at least initially) :confused013.

I suppose once you're used to it, it's not a problem - just a bit strange at first. Nikon seem to be a bit confused themselves on whether the 0's should be upper or lower case. Looking at page 93 of the manual the two lower illustrations of the top LCD show the shutter speed as '200' not '2oo' and '80' not '8o'.

Oh well, I hope that's the only thing I get confused about with the camera (although I suspect it won't be) ;).

Regards,
Graham