PDA

View Full Version : signature

britinozz
29-06-2010, 10:57am
hi
not sure where to post this but any way how do you put your signature on your photos as it looks so good.
cheers

ricktas
29-06-2010, 11:05am
Have a look in the tutorials forum, there is one called 'watermarking, that explains how to do it in photoshop.

Xebadir
29-06-2010, 11:06am
What he is asking is how do you watermark/tag/copyright/add a signature to a photo.

It depends on what image processing software you use, but for instance (in my experience) in photoshop there are several ways to go about it: you can use just plain text or some sort of stylized font and then fiddle with the opacity, you can create a preset/custom brush tool or watermark setting which means you can just add it to any photo you want to watermark, you can sign/stylize your name either via scanning or using built in painting tools/graphic design interfaces, and create a preset/custom brush tool/watermark as above. Other people create a watermark as a pattern, it really depends on what you are trying to do.

To help you further we really need to know what program you use to process digital images.

Edit: Damn Rick beat me, and yes that tutorial is an excellent explanation...but I thought I would say it.

britinozz
29-06-2010, 11:08am
Thanks for that.

britinozz
29-06-2010, 11:09am
Thanks heaps this is a amazing site such a wealth of knowledge here.
Cheers

etherial
29-06-2010, 8:21pm
It is brilliantly easy in Lightroom 3 as well if you have that.

gaidin
30-06-2010, 6:54pm
It is brilliantly easy in Lightroom 3 as well if you have that.

I actually find it a bit fiddly having to install Mogrify...unless Im making it harder than it has to be?

etherial
30-06-2010, 7:32pm
You don't need Mogrify in Lightroom 3 (like you did in version 2). Watermarking is included in the software and it is great. It is worth upgrading just for that alone IMO!