PDA

View Full Version : Finally Installed Snow Leopard ..

bigdazzler
27-06-2010, 9:07am
and wow what a MASSIVE increase in response and speed on my little 2.0 macbook .. cant wait to get it into the iMac at home. First impressions are great.

milspec
27-06-2010, 10:07am
I had this installed on my Dell XPS 1530 for a while but it kept crashing a particular device driver. Even though I'm a Windows person, I've gotta admit that the UI is quite pleasing to work with.

Nuts, now you've tweaked my interest to try it again ..... there goes another weekend :p

bigdazzler
27-06-2010, 10:20am
Dunno if its psychological but the little macbook seems to be running a lot quicker this morning after the install ...

Calxoddity
27-06-2010, 10:25am
I think you'll be pleased with the iMac reaction to Snow Leopard too. I had to update a couple of utilities, but it was otherwise smooth as.

Regards,
Calx

bigdazzler
27-06-2010, 10:31am
Ill install it this arvo and see how we go .. The iMac has been a little sluggish lately, which prompted me to get off my @ss and get SL

My RAW files are very large at about 30oddMb each and Ive noticed that LR and PS have slowed just a touch recently ..

peterking
27-06-2010, 10:36am
You're not going to be disappointed.
Had it on mine since the day it was made available as a pre-release to new Mac owners.

flash
27-06-2010, 12:06pm
yeah look the more I muck about with these apple imac things the more I like them, I messed about with the new imac 27? very impressed, any thoughts on this unit?? methinks I may purchase one, my son will only use apple gear (he is in pre press graphics and wedding photography as well as harness racing pictures for sale) the only thing I dont like about apple is it's inability to run the more, shall I say, shady programs that I run on this one!

bigdazzler
27-06-2010, 6:54pm
I switched over to Mac nearly 2 years ago and will never go back. I had many problems with my PCs before and the down time was beyond annoying.

For me, as someone who is a computer user not computer geek, who surfs the web, sends emails, listens to my music, watches videos, edits photographs, and that's pretty much it, and has zero interest in how computers work from a tech viewpoint ... I simply find they work better for me. I dint care if they are $$$$ and you can build PCs cheaper and bla bla bla ... It's all about the user experience for me :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flash
27-06-2010, 7:09pm
yep I'm beginning to go that way as well, as my son says, "they just work"

peterking
28-06-2010, 12:08am
My first Mac as an old G3 and it was something to start with. Scary part is the thing is over 10 years old and still works a treat.
Currently I have a Macbook 13in, iMac 27in, iPod, iPhone.

I worked on PC's since their inception and as of this year I repair them no more. Had enough of them.

Flash. For your information there are ways to get the iMac to run the shady programs. There is a wealth of knowledge out there that is ready to draw on. And no. Sometimes they just don't work.