PDA

View Full Version : Skin retouching for childrens photographs-

ccrnkovic
24-06-2010, 5:27pm
Hi there, does anyone have any ideas on what methods to go about skin retouching in PSE7 for childrens photographs, I like them to be natural and not look like they have come out of a fashion magazine, thanks

kiwi
24-06-2010, 5:29pm
yeah dont, simple.

Erin
30-06-2010, 7:59pm
Gently-gently.

Unfortunately I lost everything recently in a harddrive crash so I can't show you any before/after shots.

Generally though, kiddie skin is beautifully smooth and flawless. You might need to lighten some shadows under the eyes, clone out some snot and perhaps clone out some specks of flaking skin here and there. And of course a crumbly mouth if the wee one has been eating recently. LOL

Assess each photo to see what actually NEEDS doing as opposed to what you might want it to look like. It's a good jumping-off point. :)

I've retouched lots of images of children. Feel free to ask any questions.

Scotty72
30-06-2010, 9:38pm
yeah dont, simple.

I'm with the flightless bird on this one - 100%. Let kids be kids; they don't need the fakery of the adult world.

Scotty

kiwi
30-06-2010, 9:45pm
Ill add though, that I will remove food scraps, scratches, stuff like that. I wont skin smooth or stuff like that though

clm738
30-06-2010, 11:26pm
I'm with Darren on this one, only remove food, boogers. No skin smoothing.

bigdazzler
01-07-2010, 11:26am
I agree .... nothing beyond a tidy up for kiddies.

Scotty72
01-07-2010, 6:43pm
I agree .... nothing beyond a tidy up for kiddies.

Agree :)

Even I wasn't so ugly as a kid that I would have needed Photoshopping.

yummymummy
01-07-2010, 7:16pm
the only processing I do on my kids photos, is sharpen, and levels, occasionally I'll remove snoogers, or food.. or stains off clothes, but that's the extent of it.. They're so young and have such beautiful skin that they just don't need retouching.