PDA

View Full Version : hasselblads

smallfooties
24-06-2010, 5:15pm
hi guys,
i've been thinking of getting a hasselblad 500c/m... or the hasselblad 500cw. they are about 1.5k to 3k at the shop. Just wondering if it is possible to get it below the $700? Thanks.

ameerat42
24-06-2010, 5:22pm
Cripes! What's with Hassleblads? The other week I saw a tremendous Mamiya RB67 Pro with a couple of lenses, ditto backs and metered pentaprism. $675 from memory. I had to betake myself out of the shop post haste. Am.

smallfooties
24-06-2010, 5:30pm
hahaha just cos i've always wanted a hasselblad! Hmm.... but i did consider the Mamiya, only thing is it's HUGE! i'm only little (what i'll like to think anyway)... kekeke... Which shop is this that you saw the mamiya? Cos the mamiya at the camera shop i go to costs about 1k too.... so in that lines, think i'd rather pay a little more for a hasselblad...
But do you know if it's possible to get one at a low price? the hasselblad that is?

littleblightie
24-06-2010, 7:06pm
Deeeefinitely able to get them under $1K... I have a 500c/m, 80mm F2.8, A12 and A16 backs, totaled all for ~$800, just gotta know where/when to buy.

Look to America if you aren't too uneasy about that kind of stuff, the market for it is much larger there, and prices are much lower.

ameerat42
24-06-2010, 7:51pm
hahaha just cos i've always wanted a hasselblad! Hmm.... but i did consider the Mamiya, only thing is it's HUGE! i'm only little (what i'll like to think anyway)... kekeke... Which shop is this that you saw the mamiya? Cos the mamiya at the camera shop i go to costs about 1k too.... so in that lines, think i'd rather pay a little more for a hasselblad...
But do you know if it's possible to get one at a low price? the hasselblad that is?

I saw it at {[/(Whilton's)/this is not an ad]} in Sydney. No. I didn't see a HB. It's a camera repair store mostly, but u can pick up a quiet bargain there. I paid $190 for a used Metz CL4. What I like about the place is that the inhabitants take time to actually talk to u. You can go to bigger stores and if you don't hand over the bucks they look askance at you. Am.

smallfooties
24-06-2010, 8:38pm
thanks guys for the replies...
I'm looking at this website keh.com have any of you bought stuffs from there?
There's a hasselblad for $600.... But now i'm also looking at bronica and mamiya. Out of the 3 brands, which one is better and why?

littleblightie
25-06-2010, 2:46am
The difference between the Hasselblad/Bronica and Mamiya is obviously that the Mamiya will give you a different format, however to accommodate for the larger frame size, and the fact that it rotates, you get a much larger body, that some find too large. I have also found that the bellows focusing can be a bit cumbersome.

The difference between the Hasselblad options and Bronica options, to me, is not huge, it came down to a few things for me. The SQ-Ai I had didn't feel overly great in my hands, and relied on batteries. The Hasselblad came with Zeiss glass, felt great in hand, and was completely manual, so no batteries needed.

I feel I could have taken the same photos with the Bronica, however I decided to lash out and get a Hasselblad, and don't regret it.

smallfooties
25-06-2010, 2:59pm
hmmm..... ok ..... there's the hasselblad ELM that uses batteries. But i'm not looking to get that model.... I am rooting for the 500cm it's a 6x6 isn't it? And the Mamiya is a 6x7? I kind of like the square format....
ok... i will go ahead and purchase the hasselblad 500cm.... just have to keep looking for a good deal... there's a mamiya RB 67 for $200..... It's huge that one but i'm tempted... kekeke....