PDA

View Full Version : Looking for pebbly creek beds in SE Qld

mcmahong
24-06-2010, 1:14pm
I'm not sure which thread to post this in, but I'm looking for creeks in SE Qld with a pebble/cobble bed, similar to what you see in the attached link (this just takes you to an external website).
http://tinyurl.com/32f4dno

Does anyone know where I could go in SE Qld to find creek beds like this? I don't really have the time to jump from National Park to National Park. I'm guessing I should approach an area that has a granitic terrain.

cheers
Ged

my serendipity
25-06-2010, 7:35pm
I believe the creek crossings to the Booloumba Creek camp grounds in the Connondale National Park are pebble"ly" however it has been many years since I have been up that way. Good luck with your search.

dbax
25-06-2010, 10:25pm
G'day Ged I took a similar image years ago, not at a creek bed but at the beach, on a large rock shelf, keep your eyes open everywhere you'll find them:th3:

mcmahong
26-06-2010, 9:06pm
Thanks for that. David, actually your post reminded me that I did visit a pebble beach near Noosa National Park, so I trawled through my old photos and found this one of some smooth cobbles that I stacked for a photo. I might have to re-visit to get the shot that I'm after. It's for a small project of mine, capturing natural textures.

Pedro
27-06-2010, 1:00am
I can second that mention of Booloumba Creek. It has some of the nicest gravelly creek beds I've come across due to the different coloured jasper stones. Beautiful spot too.
I know that grey pebble beach in Noosa NP too and it is very photogenic as well.
Good luck
Pete