PDA

View Full Version : CF card trouble

barrythelizard
20-06-2010, 11:19pm
Hi there. I have an E620 and an 8GB 200x compact flash card (Pulse Media brand). So far I haven't been able to use the card in the camera (I am using the xd card from my old camera) - whenever I have tried the CF card I get a message saying the card is full (but I haven't taken any photos). I have tried to reformat the card in the camera but it comes up with a card error message and won't reformat.

Has anyone else experienced this type of trouble if so is it just me getting it all wrong, or could be a faulty card?

Thanks for your help :)

peterking
21-06-2010, 1:33am
It sounds like it may be a faulty card.

barrythelizard
21-06-2010, 5:34pm
Thanks Peter :)

piXelatedEmpire
22-06-2010, 6:21pm
Def sounds like a Faulty card.. haven't heard of that brand of CF card either, is it a cheapy?

kiwi
22-06-2010, 6:28pm
Me neither, I recommend you only use the major brands that are nigh bulletproof

barrythelizard
23-06-2010, 12:28am
The shop I bought the camera in gave it to me when I got the camera so I've no idea how much it would normally cost. I have never used a CF card so not familiar with any of the brands - would there be a particular brand any of you would recommend?

Thanks for the helpful comments, sounds like cheaper cards are not worth it from what you are all saying.

joeyvaldezjr
23-06-2010, 6:12am
I use sandisk cf cards

I @ M
23-06-2010, 6:47am
I have never used a CF card so not familiar with any of the brands - would there be a particular brand any of you would recommend?

Barry, one of the site advertisers on AP, Cheap Chips, stocks and sells the well known and reliable brands. His prices are good, service is great and best of all you can be sure that they are the genuine item unlike others that you will see in some of the online trading sites.

His range of CF cards are HERE (http://www.cheapchips.com.au/memory/compact-flash-cards.htm) and you are pretty sure to find one to suit your needs and budget from the variety available.
We have used a variety of SanDisk cards over the years and haven't had a problem yet if that is any help to you.

barrythelizard
24-06-2010, 7:44pm
Thanks for all your help - I went with Cheap as Chips and got Sandisk. It was delivered today and it's in the camera and working like a treat :)

I @ M
24-06-2010, 9:01pm
Good to hear a positive outcome from it all Barry.

piXelatedEmpire
26-06-2010, 10:45am
Good choice, have fun!