PDA

View Full Version : photograpghy course

ozdevil
14-06-2010, 9:08am
Gday All

looking at doing a course in photograpghy to get to know my camera a bit better. just want to start out at a novice level and where in melbourne would be the best place to do a course around the western suburbs of melbourne

cheers

OzzieTraveller
14-06-2010, 9:44am
G'day OzD

Chase up your local adult-ed Community College, (night school sort of thing)
A local TAFE might also have some Community courses (rather than 'professional' courses
and if you like to travel ...
Pop across to South Melb to the Melbourne Camera Club - they have regular intro courses open to the public as well as their members

Hope this helps a bit
Regards, Phil

ricktas
14-06-2010, 10:01am
Also, check out the member meets section of AP, If there is a meet coming up in the Melbourne area, get along. You will find other AP members are all to willing to guide and help you along your photographic path.

Brian500au
14-06-2010, 10:34am
I second the introductory course at the Melbourne Camera club - it goes for about 8 weeks and is very popular.

Schmenz
14-06-2010, 12:17pm
if you want a one day thing rather than something over several weeks, id recommend chris brays one at the zoo. i did it and loved it.

Kym
14-06-2010, 2:09pm
Don't spend $ on a course (yet) - do the learning plan for free here first. See the New to Photography (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=104) forum!

Personally I would spend $ on gear before courses (that can be expensive).
At least give the self teaching approach a go. You might end up saving heaps.