PDA

View Full Version : What to get next?

LKC
12-06-2010, 11:29pm
I have a Canon 450D and three lenses (EF-S 18-55mm; EF-S 55-250mm; EF-S 60mm Macro) which I am happy with. I like to take photographs of small things, photos of people, landscapes and also wildlife (mostly birds) and plants. I would like to get a few extra bits and bobs so that I can take better pictures, and wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction. I was thinking of some extension tubes for macro, a hood to prevent flare, a flash of some sort, a tripod and a small bag to carry things in. I usually have my youngest daughter on my back in a backpack carrier when I am off walking and taking photographs, so the smaller/lighter/more portable the better.

Could anyone give me any recommendations of what to buy and where to get them?

Many thanks.

Boofhead
12-06-2010, 11:37pm
Hello LKC,

you might want to look at a monopod rather than a tripod. I imagine that if you are carrying your daughter on your back that a monopod might be a bit easier to carry and would enable you to steady your shots and be on your way.

Hope this helps,

Andrew

Brian500au
12-06-2010, 11:43pm
In truth the list is endless. What you list you want to photograph is the really the complete spectrum, and therefore if you want to cover the lot you are up for heaps of $$$. Certainly a common factor there is a good quality tripod.

I think once you start to collect gear you will also need to carry it - so some type of bag would be a good idea also.

It is really difficult to advice you, as all of us have different needs as some stage as we grow. Apart from the above two items I would also look at a good quality flash as you can use that for both general photography, but more importantly for photographing people.

If you still have $$$ to spare look at upgrading the from the kit lens that came with the camera.

Hope this helps.