PDA

View Full Version : AF-S NIKKOR 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Filters ??

Mr Lensbaby
11-06-2010, 9:20pm
I'm looking for some type of filter/holder to attach to the AF-S NIKKOR 14-24mm f/2.8G ED

All and any experiences and help would be appreciated I didn't think about this issue when I purchased it:o

I @ M
12-06-2010, 4:55am
This be the one you want I reckon. :)

http://www.leefilters.com/camera/products/finder/ref:C4BA0B2B8A73D1/

Wayne
12-06-2010, 8:07am
It is a lens that despite being out for a while now, aftermarket is only just starting to address the non-existence of filters to fit it.

Sar NOP
14-06-2010, 5:43pm
Why do you want to mount a filtre on that zoom ? There are many equivalent wide angle lenses you can easily use filtre.

Sometimes, I can't understand why people want to put a bullbar on a X5...

zollo
14-06-2010, 5:55pm
Why do you want to mount a filtre on that zoom ? There are many equivalent wide angle lenses you can easily use filtre.

well wide angles are typically for landscape and landscape photography is one where you have use for a variety of filters so maybe I'm not understanding

Xebadir
15-06-2010, 9:56am
Agree completely with Zollo here. It is completely legitimate to want to use some filters on this lens in landscape....what about using a ND or grad filter for water effects? Why should someone who has lashed out and gone for the cream of the crop in terms of wide angle zooms have to compromise with the shots that they can take, its designed to be sharp corner to corner, but it would be really frustrating if you couldnt use any sort of filter if that was the shot you were looking for.

2cr4ck
19-07-2010, 8:04pm
This be the one you want I reckon. :)

http://www.leefilters.com/camera/products/finder/ref:C4BA0B2B8A73D1/
Did you look how much it cost, rather scary

NickMonk
20-07-2010, 2:18am
The Lee system is the ONLY available filter holder for this lens, and it took a fair effort of engineering to come up with it. Search for it on YouTube to see a video of how it works. Latest news is that it still hasn't shipped in any measurable quantity and the demand is huge. It is very expensive and takes an even bigger size of filter than the normal Lee filters. If you are a fanatical landscaper it will be worth every penny.

Erm, this lens is pretty much the Rolls Royce of wideangles. I think most landscape shooters can understand why you would want to put a filter holder on it.

darkc
23-07-2010, 11:31am
I use the cokin x pro filter holder with a universal adapter. Lee make x pro sized filters so I use lee nd grads with it. It works well however light does get in from the rear of the device but its an easy fix I just throw my camera bean bag support around it. I dont get any vignetting even with a 2 and 3 stop nd stacked with the lens at 16mm. This is obviously not as good a system as the one mentioned above but hell of a lot cheaper!

Mr Lensbaby
21-08-2010, 3:41pm
The Lee system is the ONLY available filter holder for this lens, and it took a fair effort of engineering to come up with it. Search for it on YouTube to see a video of how it works. Latest news is that it still hasn't shipped in any measurable quantity and the demand is huge. It is very expensive and takes an even bigger size of filter than the normal Lee filters. If you are a fanatical landscaper it will be worth every penny.

Erm, this lens is pretty much the Rolls Royce of wideangles. I think most landscape shooters can understand why you would want to put a filter holder on it.

It would be a Bentley :) if I could except a circular polarizer . My ex 10 : 20 Sigma was a gem in bright light with the circular polarizer