PDA

View Full Version : RGB information in Lightroom?

airgirl
08-06-2010, 3:49pm
Is it possible to view RGB information in Adobe Lightroom 2.0?

If so, how exactly do I do this?

ricktas
08-06-2010, 4:32pm
which RGB? Or do you just mean the colourspace you shot with (there are heaps of differing RGB colourspaces).

In lightroom, in library module, click a photo and on the right panel it will give you all the EXIF data about that photo.

James T
08-06-2010, 4:59pm
Do you mean the RGB levels? If so, just hover your cursor over any point on the image when in Develop mode. The RGB levels are displayed as a percentage under the histogram. (Top right). I've not looked into it, but I wouldn't be surprised if you can change the percentage display to actual levels (255, etc).

airgirl
08-06-2010, 7:54pm
which RGB? Or do you just mean the colourspace you shot with (there are heaps of differing RGB colourspaces).

In lightroom, in library module, click a photo and on the right panel it will give you all the EXIF data about that photo.
Sorry Rick - being new to this, explaining what I am wanting can be a little difficult.

I am looking for the RGB values ie R 100 G 150 B 80 - as an example.

I am doing a greyscale test and need to find the RGB values of my pics.

Does that explain it in more detail? So sorry if I haven't been clear with this.

ricktas
08-06-2010, 7:57pm
hmm- not sure if you can do that in lightroom, you can in photoshop by holding the eye dropper tool over a particular pixel

etherial
08-06-2010, 9:41pm
Select the photo you want, go into the Develop module and make sure you can see the histogram. Underneath it, it will show the image exposure and focal length until you hover somewhere on your image and it will then show R G B values.

James T
09-06-2010, 11:41am
Do you mean the RGB levels? If so, just hover your cursor over any point on the image when in Develop mode. The RGB levels are displayed as a percentage under the histogram. (Top right). I've not looked into it, but I wouldn't be surprised if you can change the percentage display to actual levels (255, etc).

OK, so a bit of reading seems you can't. Something to do with colour spaces, what you work in, what you may export as, and the fact that most of the time you're working on a raw file so 255 doesn't mean much until you render it.

So, just get used to using the percentages.

ricstew
09-06-2010, 6:02pm
there is an eyedropper in the develope module. Click on it and hover over any colour.........brilliant for checking white balance.........
cheers
Jan

airgirl
09-06-2010, 8:10pm
Thank you everyone for your responses!

Luisa