PDA

View Full Version : Lightroom 3 released

dieselpower
08-06-2010, 3:10pm
For anybody interested, Lightroom 3 has been released and can be purchased or trial downloaded from adobe.com. Just downloaded a trial but am yet to install it.

trigger
08-06-2010, 6:20pm
Didnt know LR3 was out after I opened it up today! yah!... well worth the money for all round good NR (almost as food as NoiseNinja) perspective correction and gallery software!

I did the post card gallery with ease on my site last night www.moiphotography.com.au. Easy :)

Did you have any promotional codes for a discount?

dieselpower
08-06-2010, 6:53pm
No I didn't. I'm only trialling it. I'm trialling lots of stuff at the moment, trying to settle on a decent raw workflow!

trigger
08-06-2010, 11:20pm
sigh.... my upgrade from LR2 doesnt work for an aussie student license. Guess i'll have to pay the full $$$

Xebadir
09-06-2010, 12:18am
Got it today, was looking at buying LR2, then accidentally discovered it on the Adobe website...went screw that and bought the student licence (yay for being a student). Really like it so far, definitely a good investment and very powerful. Looking forward to teaming it up with CS5 when it arrives (I finally tired of my copy of CS3).

Old Skool
09-06-2010, 8:12am
Buying the student version - was that from an Australian web site or from the US? Do you have a link? Thanks

Xebadir
09-06-2010, 2:23pm
Use this link, Australian Education store for Adobe.
http://store3.adobe.com/cfusion/store/html/index.cfm?event=displayEduConditions&store=OLS-EDU-AU&nr=0

Ethony
09-06-2010, 2:25pm
I love Lightroom! I am going to have to upgrade my L2 soon

dieselpower
10-06-2010, 9:33am
Well, after mucking around with LR for the last couple of days I've decided that I really like it. I can do 90% of my image manipulation without leaving and, while the results aren't quite as easy to achieve as using the Nikon equivalents, the convenience of having it all in one place (including watermarking and publishing to flickr/facebook/wherever) has sold me. So, I've bought it. For everything else I've got photoshop and, if I really need it, I can always fall back to the Nikon software.

kiwi
10-06-2010, 9:44am
Ive always loved it, and have now upgraded to LR3 also, have been using the Beta happily for three months now.

piXelatedEmpire
11-06-2010, 6:03pm
I've been using LR2 since January and I don't know how I managed without it! The improved NR in LR3 looks great, and the flickr integration is a nice touch too.

Jordan Compte
12-06-2010, 10:03am
$94! going to be purchasing Lightroom now! score

rogklee
13-06-2010, 10:01am
LR3 pretty good, the new shapening and noise reduction is pretty neat, might have to unistall noise ninja.

However, the slideshow still lacks in features, still gonna have to go to another program to make those clips