PDA

View Full Version : Canon software-camera issues

fairy bombs
07-06-2010, 7:09pm
Hi folks.

Today I had a computer clean up,and defrag and all that sort of maintance stuff,I also put the disc that came with my 50D in the drive it was VER 20.2 only slightly differnent Ver that came with 450D,it was VER18.

after all its updating,I pluged in 50D and nothing happened,previously the software and 450D went really well,I do astro-photography,so these features are quite important-been able to control a camera via lap top is very important.

I changed cables,changed to the 450D nothing happened,once something poped up about hardware conection issues,but only once,nothing else worked,like it did previously.

I turned everything off,came back,after a cuppa(this usually fixes ditties on computer):confused013

Nothing again,so unistalled ver 20.2,and re installed ver 18,nothing happened-did not work at all.

I did notice a pop up during installation of both ver-and it said "insert maxlam DL Essentials edition disk", but that was the disk already in drive,I could'nt understand that,:Doh:

Anyhow I hope someone has some guidance for me,I really use the EOS function utility

THANKS IN ADVANCE! regards FB

etherial
07-06-2010, 7:18pm
I'd be looking online to download.the latest version to try that.

fairy bombs
07-06-2010, 8:25pm
Seems to be issue with computer-it does'nt want to acknoledge camera at all.

Software seems to be ok,the computer makes a strange little noise when I turn camera on

and thats it,nothing else happens tried different bodies and cables.

Anyone got any suggestions?I really dont want to have to buy a new lap top:confused013

stillie
08-06-2010, 12:13pm
Hi there

What OS are you using?

Alan

flash
08-06-2010, 1:54pm
does it run if you go computer - drive (check which drive you have your disc inserted into if you have multiple drives, not "C:" though this is your installed hard drive) then the disc that you have in your drive should show up as canon software installation disc or something similar, click on that and click on "install" this is for vista if your OS is older you may have to fish around a bit to find your drive, there should be two "A:" is normally floppy if installed, the next should be "D:" or if you have multiple drives then the next number should be "E:"

fairy bombs
08-06-2010, 4:53pm
Thanks chaps for your input.

Previous to problems yesterday,everything worked perfect with 450D conected to lap top.

Yesterday,I deleted some large unused progams,did a system de frag,a disk clean up,up virus scan,I also uploaded the new canon disc that came with 50D,which all went fine,the usual prompts,and tick in the box-all good,However when I conected cameras,the computer did not acknowledge camera,changed cameras changed cords etc-nothing happened.

I previously had Ver 18 that came with 450d eight months ago.So what to do? I unistalled ver 20.2 and re loaded ver 18,nothing worked.

So this morn fiiddled around in control panel,still nothing,So I did a 'system restore to a set point in time" a week ago.

Plugged in 450D all good working as per before,I plugged in 50D,but could'nt get EOS utility working with it,however in computer devices attached-it was there-saying 50d attached,I could open camera files.Remember I had the Ver 18 that came with 450D,so assuming I load in the Ver 20.2,and all goes well,one would surly think it will work in EOS utility.

Inj summary it would appear in my 'big clean up' I threw something out,that I should'nt have,:Doh:

Can you run a 50D and 450D of the software I loade in of the newest disk?at different times

I would like to use both cameras for astro photography.or will I be only able to keep one up load in computer and only run one of these EOS cameras????

thanks for help.BTW I have toshiba comp running window XP,all up to date,all bought new.

cheers FB