PDA

View Full Version : Photobooth

Herp Affinity
06-06-2010, 9:18pm
Hi all.

It has been a while since I have posted anything on the forum. I apologise and hope that someone can offer advice or shed some light on the subject.

I am looking at setting up a home made photo booth of sorts. I mostly take pictures of my captive reptiles and am tired of the same old shots with grass in the background.

I am wondering if black, white, grey or green (or other) is better as far as colour goes. I will be using an above light source and camera flash for lighting.

Any insight appreciated.

OzzieTraveller
07-06-2010, 9:45am
G'day HA

Bit hard to answer this off-the-cuff, as I don't know how vivid the suggested colours may be - thus they may blend -au naturale- or they may not

Years ago when I was doing a lot of close up work with native orchids out in the wild, I often found that I was 'fighting' with rubbish in the background &/or other flowers I was not permitted to "garden with a chain-saw". I made up some photo backgrounds to hide the rubbish - it may help you

What I did was to shoot a selection of out-of-focus ground cover shots ... leaves, twigs, grasses, etc and print it onto a 30" wide page, glue to cardboard, then place it, concave-curved a bit too, behind the target flower so that the out-of-focus bits blended okay with the subject

Very few viewers of the resulting images ever recognised it ~ maybe it's something that could work for you??

Regards, Phil

Herp Affinity
07-06-2010, 10:34am
That is a great idea OT! Thanks.

I will be using some props (rocks and vines etc) and eventually making my own fake backgrounds until then I was just going to use a flat colour. I may need to experiment and have a few different interchangeable backdrops colour on hand.