PDA

View Full Version : I have a new K7!!

Lili
02-06-2010, 8:39pm
That's right, I am now the proud owner of a shiny new Pentax K7, and fairly jumping out of my skin I am :efelant::efelant: Battery is currently charging, and I'm going through all the goodies that come with it, and starting to read the tome of a manual.

One question though.... without battery, memory card or lens installed, does your K7 have some slight internal movement? When I tilt it side to side (around the lens axis) I can hear and feel something move a little bit inside. Is this normal? :confused013

I feel like a new parent worried why her 30 second old baby is still blue...

Kym
02-06-2010, 9:23pm
Yes on the movement. The sensor is mobile due to shake reduction etc.

Lili
02-06-2010, 10:07pm
Thanks Kym. Phew :)

Cage
02-06-2010, 11:03pm
Hi Lili,

Congratulations on your new arrival.

I'm sure the manual is at least as comprehensive as the one that came with my K20D. Good luck.

What lens did you get with it?

Have fun.

Kevin

tim71
02-06-2010, 11:16pm
yep i got a fright from the sensor movement too, particularly as I didn't remember it happening in the shop when I was testing, but it was always switched on during the testing. Its more mobile when switched off, as the mice are asleep and not holding the sensor still!!

enjoy your new machine,

cheers,

Tim

Lili
02-06-2010, 11:56pm
Thanks Kevin and Tim!

Kevin - I got the Sigma 18-200mm 3.5-6.3 DC because my primary need right now is to be able to travel 'light'. I'll worry about what else I need once I get back (unless I find any nice pieces overseas....??). It would be nice to have something faster (is that the right word?) to complement this one, but I'm sure I can make do :)

Tim - lol. I'll have to remember to keep it away from my cats then!

I feel like an idiot after asking the question about the clunking now - I obviously wasn't using the right search to start with, or had my eyes closed :P My first thought was that it could be the SR, but you can't help but worry :) I think they should all come with big stickers saying 'THE CLUNKING IS NORMAL - YOUR CAMERA IS NOT BROKEN'. It would save a lot of worried beginners and a lot of exasperated 'togs :) (Thanks again Kym - you have the patience of a saint :o)

I just wish the battery would hurry up and charge!

cupic
03-06-2010, 12:24am
Nice acquisition K7 is a work horse BUT read that manual and re read twice more not just the gist but the box and dice and most importantly Enjoy :)

PS flat battery to full charge expect 2hrs
cheers

Lili
03-06-2010, 1:06am
Try four and a half hours to fully charged! And now, it's bed time
*rolls eyes*

Derek-C
03-06-2010, 7:22am
Good choice of lens Lili :th3:

I got the same when I got my K20D.

I am sure you will get a lot of pleasure out of your new purchase :efelant::efelant:

Derek

Kym
03-06-2010, 8:42am
So now the battery is charged.... we want to see some images ! ;)

Lili
03-06-2010, 11:24am
(Thanks again Kym - you have the patience of a saint :o)

So now the battery is charged.... we want to see some images ! ;)

Ahaha - I take it back! :P

Kym
03-06-2010, 11:50am
Ahaha - I take it back! :P

Who needs sleep when you have a new toy! :lol: