PDA

View Full Version : Looking for L braket to go on a 50D-information needed.

fairy bombs
02-06-2010, 7:47pm
Evening Folks.

I just purchased a 50D and 17-55 F 2.8 a couple of days ago,a few months back I purchased a canon ex 430 flash,for a good price.Last night I put the kit together and was pleasantly suprised at the quality of photos I took in a low light room,with flash pointing upwards.very warm,but showing great detail.I am really happy with this arrangement for such photography.,and may not need to advance it for my level and intended use.

however,I have heard about and seen (at a distance),something about L brakets to get flash of body,these I am lead to believe take flash lighting to an even more advanced level.

Could anybody who has such a set up post some pics,please,and possibly tell me the part namr for such an item,or a link-who sells them etc.

I may even be able to make something up if I had some pictures to look at

Thank you,regards FB

rwg717
02-06-2010, 11:29pm
I am not sure exactly what you are looking for but sounds a bit like the frame pictured below which WAS made by Velbon, I have had this one for more than 25 years and have never seen another one for sale since.
Sorry the pix are a bit crook but had to hurry to get them to you. I am certain a manufacturer still makes them, I never bothered to look but I can tell you that they do a nice job of getting the flash up and away from the lens:D
Richard

fairy bombs
03-06-2010, 7:17pm
Thanks rgw 717

I had someone offer me one they no longer use,so will be on my way soon.

cheers FB