PDA

View Full Version : Gift Voucher

MarkChap
29-05-2010, 2:31pm
Part of my agreement with the local council to photograph the Miss Show Girl Gala Ball is a portfolio shoot with the winner.

What are people thoughts on this as a gift voucher, for the organisers to give to the winner ?
I can't take full credit for the design, a friend of mine did the central logo for me and I just added my name and contact details.

The background is transparent on the PSD file so when I print, it will only be the text that actually prints on the Parchment Paper I have chosen.

http://photographingcq.com/linked/voucher.jpg

yummymummy
29-05-2010, 2:48pm
I think it looks great Mark :th3: good job!

Schmenz
29-05-2010, 4:13pm
i like the concepts but from a design perspective i think its too busy

(trying to ingore the draft doesnt help!)

maybe move down "central queensland" down a little bit so it doenst overlap so much and will be a bit less confusing to the eye - as you have that curly writing, ontop of normal text, ontop of a logo.

i think the "keep it simple" rule applies best to business cards / vouchers

Schmenz
29-05-2010, 4:14pm
also , you could put an estimated value of the voucher on there as well.. will make the winner feel that they won more :D and that it has a value

john sharon
29-05-2010, 4:52pm
looks great
it will be a great keep sake for the winner so maybe use some thing that will last for ever:D:D

ameerat42
29-05-2010, 5:18pm
Hi Mark
I think I'd put it roughly like...

"Miss Showgirl.... etc" (Top)

"GIFT VOUCHER" (prominently in the middle) and "CQ" as a watermark

"Your contact details" (Bottom Left) - (Bottom Right)"Photographing Central Queensland"

Since it is a one-off, it doesn't have to be closely similar to your usual business card.
Am.

CherylB
29-05-2010, 9:22pm
I'd agree that it looks too busy.

For printing, lose the watermark. It doesn't add any value in this context.

Separate "Photographing" and "Central Queensland" so that they're only just overlapping.

Your name and contact details are too large in comparison to the rest of the text for what is being presented here.

You need some white space between the sections of text - ie. a full blank line between "Gift Voucher" and "Miss Showgirl .... " and another full blank line before the company name.

I would also be inclined to add the words "provided by" before the company name.

xkellie
01-06-2010, 9:09pm
i think it looks fine, though if you want something a little more 'exciting', ewcouture.com have marketing freebies each month for photographers and the january set had a gift certificate template - http://www.ewcouture.com/ewcc-free-templates/ you just open the template in photoshop, put your photo on and change the details. i use them all the time and they are awesome and super easy. not sure if it's your style, but just thought i'd let you know in case you were interested. :)