PDA

View Full Version : iPad anyone?

DSLR400D
26-05-2010, 8:42am
Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone here had ordered an iPad? And what they think?

I have ordered 3g + Wifi 64GB version, should get it shipped by this friday. I am so excited and cant wait to get my hands on it.

Regards,
Dipak

JM Tran
26-05-2010, 8:43am
I should be getting one soon for client meetings for photography, just the lowest model.

David Kembrey
26-05-2010, 1:36pm
Definitely thinking about getting one, still tossing the idea around

Lili
26-05-2010, 3:05pm
My boss bought one back from the US for us to play around with and I took it home for a few days. It's fun to use but I think the novelty would wear off pretty quickly as I don't really have a need for it, my laptop does the job just fine. The only practical use I could find for it was that it was good to have another platform to test my work on (I'm a web developer), which made it easier to fix layout bugs that didn't show up on my 22" widescreen monitor.

So no, I won't be getting one. It looks like a lot of rivals are starting to bring out (or announce) their own tablets. It will be interesting to see how they compare, I haven't paid much attention so far.

kiwi
26-05-2010, 3:07pm
I'll get one, prob not until 2nd gen though

nisstrust
26-05-2010, 5:28pm
3G 64gb version for me, as i travel a lot for work and no better way to round off those hours in transit. :)

Travelm8
26-05-2010, 5:44pm
absolutley, 3G 64gb, better lugging the tablet than my laptop on my travels, I agree it might become ho hum after a while but I'm willing to find out!

etherial
26-05-2010, 5:59pm
Nope I won't be getting one. My phone (HTC Desire) and laptop does the job just fine.

arnica
26-05-2010, 6:26pm
Nope won't bet getting one either ... I see no real "need" for it.

Blackberry all the way!

Chinook
26-10-2011, 4:37pm
Ipad V Tablets. Sorry if this is in the wrong place but I am thinking of getting a ipad or tablet. I want something to carry along to take my photos so I can show my mum etc who does not even have a computer. Just for family things not business. Just wondered what others think of them? I know I can't use it as a storage device. Cheers and thanks

ricktas
26-10-2011, 6:00pm
I have an iPad and an Android phone. When my iPad needs replacing, it will be with an Android tablet. The iPad is great, don't get me wrong, I am just sick of being tied to Apple, and iTunes for my apps. Interestingly many items in the Android Store are free, that cost several dollars in the iTunes Appstore for the same App. The Android system is much more customisable and by that is also a bit more complex. So if you want simple, get an iPad, if you like being able to tweak stuff, get an Android tablet

Chinook
26-10-2011, 6:41pm
Thanks for that info Rick that was exactly what I was after. I would love the Galaxy but that does not seem to be available right now with all the stuff going on with Apple and them trying to stop Galaxy. Might hold off for a little while to see what comes of that. I have done a lot of reading and I like what i see and have read about that one.

Thanks again, :)

geedee
27-10-2011, 6:40am
iPad 2 greatest thing since sliced bread. I only have the 32 gig wifi model, but the unit is great throughout the home, for net browsing, storing photos ect. And hasn't ended up thrown on the shelf after a few weeks. Good battery life and traveling companion

Regards
Geedee