PDA

View Full Version : cs5 options

Shelley
24-05-2010, 8:49pm
I have been looking at CS5 as I can get the educational prices. All I want is photoshop 5 and the Adobe Bridge. I really don't think I need the other stuff.

Which actual CS5 version should I be looking at? I definately want Adobe Bridge as I love it.

Adobe Photoshop CS5 Extended Student and Teacher Edition - would that be the one to buy. I just cannot work out if it includes Adobe Bridge. I feel quite dumb as I have read all the stuff and cannot work it out.

Kym
24-05-2010, 8:54pm
Yes, PS comes with Bridge. You can't buy Bridge by itself.

Shelley
24-05-2010, 9:05pm
Yes, PS comes with Bridge. You can't buy Bridge by itself.

Thanks Kym I thought that....

accesser
24-05-2010, 9:08pm
Does the educational have any limitations such as cut down features or perhaps registration ?

ricktas
24-05-2010, 9:14pm
Does the educational have any limitations such as cut down features or perhaps registration ?

Generally the educational version of any software is a full working copy of the software. The educational bit is in the licensing and usage you agree to (in all that fine print) that you don't read as you tear the plastic off the product, or is in the agreement you click yes to (without reading it again). The usual usage agreement for educational versions is that you cannot use the software for commercial purposes. So you shouldn't buy the educational version of Photoshop CS5 for your wedding photography business.

Shelley
24-05-2010, 9:14pm

good question re: cut down on features - don't know that answer, maybe someon else knows..

I have to register and provide proof, which is either teacher id and staff id (with photo), which I have as I work at a school.

Kym
24-05-2010, 9:16pm

No, its identical, just license and cost.
http://www.adobe.com/education/purchasing/education_pricing.html