PDA

View Full Version : Benro Tripod

mitgonk
23-05-2010, 3:58pm
Hi all,

Was looking at getting the Benro TRCB269 with the B1 ball head. Seems like a nice light (1.6kg) tripod that i could use especially when i travel. And the ball head seems quite good, rated to 12kgs.

Though was wondering where people recommend where to buy it from? I was thinking of getting it from BH, but with the dollar low these days, might be more economical to buy within australia?

regards,
Tim

I @ M
23-05-2010, 4:20pm
Tim, I know Sydney is a big place but this mob seem to have a decent reputation for Benro stuff.

http://www.photo-shop-studio.com/eng/default.asp

Wayne
23-05-2010, 5:10pm
There is an ebay seller (dc-stuffs) who sells on the AUS site inc delivery for somewhat less than local sellers. I purchased my Benro tripod from him and was very happy.

After much research I steered clear of the Benro head as it seems to be weak if stressed, even when nowhere near it's rated 12kg limit. Instead I opted for the Acratech GP ballhead which is a first class product, not cheap, but first class. you can save a few $ and get it from the US manufacturer direct and not off the local Ebay seller.

mitgonk
23-05-2010, 10:33pm
Thanks for the information, guys!

Upon looking at photo shop studio's website, I just realised I drive by that shop all the time on my way to my mate's place in Liechardt! Though, i didn't see the c-269 on their website, but I'll probably give them a call tomorrow!

has anyone else used a benro head?
one of the biggest contributing factors of my choice to this combination was this review i found online... http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=664575

i just have a 550d with battery grip at the moment with a 18-200mm lens and looking to get a 10-22mm and a 100-400mm.... so no really huge telephoto lens in the plans as yet. and was just looking to get a nice light travel tripod for when i go overseas and bushwalking!

ausguitarman
23-05-2010, 11:45pm
Bought a Benro tripod, head and a few other bits and pieces from these guys as well.

Great service and great value tripods.

NikonUser
30-05-2010, 11:08am
I have a benro tripod and head that I bought a few years ago.

Tripod has worked flawlessly. I'm not so happy with the head though. It isn't as strong as it should be and the adjustments aren't all that fine-tunable. It's hard to lock the ball down tight enough and when you do it moves slightly, changing the composition.

Internet reviews that I have read seem to suggest a lot of people have the same problem.

They may have gotten better over the last couple of years though as they were only a new company when I bought my stuff.

Paul

Gemini2261
30-05-2010, 12:24pm
I made big savings by purchasing both the Benro tripod & the head from 2 different companies on ebay after this recommendation by ArthurKing83 (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=45696) on AP last year. I found the product to be excellent quality.

mitgonk
02-06-2010, 10:23pm
hi guys, thanks for all the advice again, ended up calling photoshop studios, they don't import the c269, so i ended up getting it from dc-stuffs! from what i found online, the earlier benro ball heads had some issues, where as supposedly the b1 has rectified earlier issues? i guess time will tell, though i look forward to receiving the tripod next week!