PDA

View Full Version : Rotate an image within an image in PS

Kat
19-05-2010, 6:37pm
Hi All,

I need help with an image I am constructing for the APPA's, I am working with Photoshop CS4, I have a background canvas size of 80cmsx80cms and I have 9 smaller images within the canvas, I have placed them on the canvas but they are all straight and side by side and I want them to sit on there as if they have fallen on there. ie. one placed diagonally over the next, another sideways etc. etc.

I hope I am explaining myself well here, if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Kat

Kat
19-05-2010, 6:51pm
It just came to me, the free transform tool, I was trying the crop tool and trying to rotate from that, I knew there something else I should be using

If anyone has a better way of doing it though let me know

dbax
19-05-2010, 9:52pm
Yeah thats the way to go Kat, free transform or transform too. you can use the crop tool to just rotate, then use the move tool to position them where you want them.
Easiest way would be to put them all on different layers and move them about and swap the layer stack order to finally get the result that looks the best before flattening.

Roof
23-05-2010, 5:50pm
assuming you've put it on a new layer ? When you hold the alt or ctrl key whilst resizing your image stays in proportion.

Hope this helps as well