PDA

View Full Version : Extension tube options

wideangle
19-05-2010, 5:47pm
Looking at the options for extension tubes. I have heard a lot about kenko (they come in a set), do people think these are the best option, or are other brands worth considering?

Lani
19-05-2010, 6:15pm
I reckon the kenko are good value for money. Our next LPS club meeting is a macro one,I'll bring mine along and you can have a try with them if you like.

wideangle
19-05-2010, 8:04pm
Thanks Lani, would also be interested to know if people use extension tubes with dedicated macro lenses too?

kiwi
19-05-2010, 8:06pm
Yes to both

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Schmenz
22-05-2010, 8:43pm
i got non branded cheapies. cost me $12 i think. (total spur of the moment ebay thing) The kenko ones are nifty as they have a proper connection allowing you to change the aperture.(correct me if im wrong).

Whereas I have to use full manual on mine.

I am still very much a beginner at them! But I figured $12 was ok to spend and might help curb my desperation for a macro lens for a while. (It was great until i tested the canon 100mm f2.8L macro lens :( )

dbax
22-05-2010, 10:03pm
I've got the Kenko set WA, they work well, I tend to use then with the nifty fifty:th3:

NikonUser
30-05-2010, 11:10am
I own the Kenko set for Nikon. Although they are made of plastic (with metal mounts), they seem quite strong. When stacking all three on my 180mm macro I sometimes wish for more sturdyness, but they're ok for the price. (And the only set available that have all the electrical contacts for Nikon cameras I think)

Paul