PDA

View Full Version : One Eyed

Alpacamike
17-05-2010, 11:35pm
I am blind in my right eye, have been for many years so not a major problem in life, but when it comes to photograph, I find my lack of depth of vision due to the blindness is a problem or do I just think it is,
Probable what I am really asking is do you need to see things in three-dimension to setup and take a good shot?
Alpacamike

ricktas
18-05-2010, 6:38am
The human brain is brilliant and as you will have learned to do, you compensate for your lack of depth perception. The same can be done with a camera. Think about how many photographers place their head up to the viewfinder, close the other eye and compose, focus, change settings whilst looking though the viewfinder only. They are using only one eye and out there getting some fantastic photos. So my thought is that you are thinking it will be a problem, when it really should not be. Stop being concerned with it and get out there and take photos.

patch01
18-05-2010, 10:58am
Gday Alpacamike!
I am also blind in one eye,(left), and wondered about the same thing? But why bother, like Rick suggested, the more you get out and practice you will notice little difference. Will wait with interest to see your shots!... Regards "Patch", Steve.

pgbphotographytas
18-05-2010, 11:22am
If you can still take photos you like and enjoy the experience does it really matter that much. Have you noticed it is a problem for you?

Alpacamike
15-06-2010, 9:26pm
Only when I bump in to things.

GJC
29-05-2012, 2:51pm
Hi Just found this thread.

My daughter complains if I take a shot with her camera, because I leave nose smudges on the screen. Like you Alpacamike, she's blind in her right eye - so has no choice but to use her left eye.

This got me wondering about the left-brain right-brain differences and if has anybody done any studies as to wheter people compose photos better when looking through the camera with their left eye or right eye. The Right side of the brain is supposed to be the more creative side. As I understand it, the left side of the body is connected to the right side of the brain. So when I'm looking through the view finder with my left eye, am i using more analytical skills rather than artistic skills (or at least the limited capability I have in each :) )?

I've noticed that since I've had a camera with Live-View, I find it easier to compose the shots when I can see it with both eyes open.

Does anybody know if theres been any studies done on this?

ving
29-05-2012, 3:03pm
awhile not blind in one eye I think it will make little difference to the actual taking of the shot. i personally close my right eye when using the camera... i know others have both eyes open. I guess its training, but i cant do that... anyhow i doubt kyou'll have any problems.

ving
29-05-2012, 3:04pm
lol, just realised how old the thread is :)