PDA

View Full Version : Camera Bag Suggestions / Help

Craggles
17-05-2010, 1:50pm
Gday all,

Just wondering if I can get some idea's / suggestions from people regarding a bag for the following gear.

Gripped Canon 50D with Tamron 17-50mm attached (approx 1.5 time nifty fifty length)
430EXII Flash
50mm f/1.8
Cokin P Series kit with 3x filters
Other small things like shutter release etc.

I did have it all in a Lowpro Slingshot 100AW but have grown out of that since buying the grip this weekend.

I was considering a Kata 3n1-20, has anyone got a gripped camera in one of these?

I'm looking for a backpack style bag.

Any other suggestions greatly appreaciated

mercho
17-05-2010, 2:09pm
I have a Naneu Pro U120 (Review Here (http://www.thinkcamera.com/news/article/mps/uan/637)) and i love it to death! Its an awesome bag! Very Durable and comfortably fits all the gear in my sig plus other odds and ends! Lots of compartments and padding and its very well built! Also has the laptop compartment to which is handy...

Only downer is that its a fairly big bag, and on Bush walks and the like it can get fairly heavy and big to be carting around... but apart from that its a great bag :th3:

may be a bit big for what your after, but if you plan on getting some more gear down the track i'd go for it.. Im pretty sure it would be able to fit a gripped body (i dont have a grip for my 50D so can only guess :))

pgbphotographytas
17-05-2010, 2:15pm
Good luck, I have found having a grip cuts down your options for bags. What about one of the mid sized Lowepro backpacks? Do you need / want to carry anything much more then the camera gear you listed?

Paul

ravescar
17-05-2010, 6:06pm
I have had a Tamarc Small Backpack containing:

EOS 40D fitted with Tamron 17-50mm with Hood, BG-E2N Grip
430EX II + Diffuser
Charger
Room for Shoulder Straps

However it is quite a tight fit.

Now the bag is holding my 5D, not many lens yet.

Craggles
17-05-2010, 6:33pm
I've ordered the Kata 3N1-20, ill post up once I recieve it and let people know how the gear fits for anyone else interested :)

etherial
17-05-2010, 7:21pm
I have the Lowepro Fastpack, love it! I wrote a review here (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=54986).

It might be a bit big though given your list of gear, but hey that is a good excuse to buy more kit!

Craggles
17-05-2010, 7:31pm
lol no more gear for me for a bit....

I got the 50D in Feb and have already grown out of my previous bag......