PDA

View Full Version : My website/gallery:::::::

ricstew
16-05-2010, 2:45pm
but I dont know if I am game to show you after all the posts about hourly rates......business....hobbiest.....the tax man etc! I know I have a lot to learn yet but what the heck I am throwing my hat in the ring so to speak.

And thank you to a very kind forum member who got me up and running!

Any one selling a house?

cheers
Jan

http://www.janstewartrealestatephotography.com.au/

ricstew
17-05-2010, 7:04pm
ok so whats wrong with it?

ricktas
17-05-2010, 7:33pm
I like the menu layout, easy to move from one section of the site to another. Nice colours (AP green and grey :D ).

Now to what you need to fix. Every page seems to have a different font. I like the font used in the gallery section. Make all general text the same throughout the site.

Tallstock
17-05-2010, 8:13pm
Hi Jan,
Forbes NSW is a hard town to do business in. I wish you luck with your quest. Your advertised rates make it hardly worthwhile but money is not everything.
A few years ago I had 5 years working in Forbes and founds lots of inspiring places including the old town buildings and some old residences on outlying properties. The river and old wooden bridge at Patten's Bridge was a favorite.

Making your real estate photos have a certain zing is going to set you aside from the usual Agent's happy snaps and justify your costs.

Peter

mercho
17-05-2010, 8:20pm
Looks like a great layout, agree with Rick About the fonts.

Also the links on the "about, packages, contact" pages below your logo and slogan are not necessary, i find them really cluttering and they both just link back to the gallery page (which you already have a link to in your header)...

I would also have a home page as well, whether you rename your gallery page to home, or create a separate one, it just makes it easier to navigate!

Apart from that you have done well, good to see you have made some progress from your last thread! :th3:

ricstew
17-05-2010, 10:15pm
ok thanks guys.....the font should be an easy fix.
The links are a bit harder. They came with the template and I cant work out how to remove them......I will continue to look.
I tried to change the name of the gallery but it also seems to be with the template. I had another page named home but I could not work out how to make it the title?index page so everything defaults to the gallery page.

Suprisingly enough I have done the math and it doesnt work out to be any less than I am working for now........:( so its worth a go ......it is interesting and a challenge which is more than my day job:(
I plan to target more than Forbes......I also have a few advantages being local as weird as it sounds..that wouldnt apply in the city.
I am not out to make a million $ but to supplement my income ( and my photography habit ).......and to improve as I go :)
I appreciate the help
cheers
Jan