PDA

View Full Version : Scott Kelby training online course

Chilli
15-05-2010, 3:14pm
Hi,
Has anybody done this course and/or recommend it ?
I am at a loss with PS, I am in need of some formal training !

kazdez
15-05-2010, 3:56pm
I have the Scott Kelby CS3 book - which I am just starting to get my head around. Currently also doing a TAFE course "Beyond the Basics - Photoshop" which is giving me confidence to try other stuff, and then puts the Kelby book into perspective. Other will say just plug along, but I, like you, needed some sort of formal stuff to make sense of it.

bigbikes
15-05-2010, 5:18pm
Hi Chilli
Just to let you know that I am a member of the Scott Kelby training and I find that it worked for me and that I have learned heaps from it. I don't find it all that expensive for what you learn, but on the other hand there is also a lot of very useful videos on youtube as well and you don't have to pay for them.
Good luck
:food04:

Chilli
15-05-2010, 5:59pm
Thank you for your replies.
Yes I have watched a lot of free utube tutorials, but I am still lost.
I may have to enrol in the kelby course and your right its not a lot of money for a full year. :scrtch:

learn2shoot
17-05-2010, 3:09pm
sounds like a helpful class to take

BLWNHR
18-05-2010, 8:49pm
I've been using Photoshop for a long time (5+ years). I've been able to process photos (ACR) and do basic editing no problems, but never anything too in depth.

I recently got the Kelby CS5 Crash Course and it is brilliant. I rate it a definite 10/10 for content and ease of understanding. It covers just enough of each area of PS to give you an understanding of its functionality, and a good base to advance your knowledge with other (cheaper/free) tutorials found across the internet.

mcdesign
20-05-2010, 1:55pm
You are better off with the book from Scott Kelby, you always have it beside you to refer to, they are pretty cheap from Amazon.

paullivo
13-07-2010, 12:46pm
I subscribe to the Kelby Training and feel that I've more than gotten my moneys worth from the video training when I consider what it would cost to attend seminars. I make sure I talk notes when watching the videos so I can reproduce the techniques. Occasionally I have to go back and watch a session again to pick up something I missed. Seems that each week they are adding new sessions. I have several of his books which as others have said are very good and easy to follow.

ricktas
13-07-2010, 12:55pm
I agree, the books are great, and as suggested youtube for tutorial videos to back up what you learn from the Kelby books.

Lani
13-07-2010, 1:02pm
You can try it for free here (http://www.kelbytraining.com/online/free-trial.html).
Personally, I have found his books and the occasional youtube video for particular techniques a good way to learn.